Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

So y’all are celebrate job loss, the death of millions and heartache so your Smurfs in Space sequel does well? James Cameron would be ashamed of how some of you act.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 7

I think people will not go back to theaters until a year after we get a vaccine, and during that time, we will all subscribe to more streaming services instead of risking life in a theater. I can see no movies getting into a billion dollars for a while. Of course i could be wrong. But still i see lower attendance and repeat viewings, and even people avoiding opening weekends.

On 4/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Mau said:

I think people will not go back to theaters until a year after we get a vaccine, and during that time, we will all subscribe to more streaming services instead of risking life in a theater. I can see no movies getting into a billion dollars for a while. Of course i could be wrong. But still i see lower attendance and repeat viewings, and even people avoiding opening weekends.

The theatre chains and Indies are hoping you're wrong. People will get sick of being trapped indoors, cabin fever is a real phenomenon, ask anyone who lives in a northern climate with 6 months of winter. The startup will probably be slow depending on the country and the severity of the virus at that point. I think 2021 is setting up to be a big year if most economies are back to full strength. I'm hoping for the best and that everyone can return to work asap. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

The theatre chains and Indies are hoping you're wrong. People will get sick of being trapped indoors, cabin fever is a real phenomenon, ask anyone who lives in a northern climate with 6 months of winter. The startup will probably be slow depending on the country and the severity of the virus at that point. I think 2021 is setting up to be a big year if most economies are back to full strength. I'm hoping for the best and that everyone can return to work asap. 

Heck, people are already starting to lose their minds. I think we'll have to find a balance between having a normal life and social distancing, it will be hard, but we'll have to do it eventually.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Titan Man said:

Heck, people are already starting to lose their minds. I think we'll have to find a balance between having a normal life and social distancing, it will be hard, but we'll have to do it eventually.

Maybe theaters will have to sell half of seats for a while

• Like 2

On 4/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So y’all are celebrate job loss, the death of millions and heartache so your Smurfs in Space sequel does well? James Cameron would be ashamed of how some of you act.

This is a Box Office Forum. If you want therapy or job seekers advice go elsewhere. I'm sure James Cameron couldn't care less, the man is sitting on his self-sustaining ranch in NZ waiting for this to all blow over (and that sweet ER). 

Moderation@JamesCameronScholar Unless you want to get thread banned from this thread I will suggest that you keep your posts on topic to the movie only. This is not a thread to discuss Coronavirus, the US economy or the Stock Market as you have been doing for the last week. Warning applies to others too

@VenomXXR Please refrain from attacking other members. Instead use the report function if you find any posts that breaks forum rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

the US economy or the Stock Market as you have been doing for the last week. Warning applies to others too

Seriously? I've been doing that for the last 5 years as it relates to Avatar 2, how is that an offense? This is the first time I have ever been warned around this, seriously go back and look, I've been talking about the economy and its impact on A2 since I joined, and never even been warned! 

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Seriously? I've been doing that for the last 5 years as it relates to Avatar 2, how is that an offense? This is the first time I have ever been warned around this, seriously go back and look, I've been talking about the economy and its impact on A2 since I joined, and never even been warned! 

Your disgusting posts cheering on job losses and economic depressions just so Avatar can make billions of dollars are in no way relevant to the movie itself. Regardless of how long you have been engaging in this nonsense. You may freely post about the movie, any production news, etc. But your posts, for example the one where you posted the jobless claims graph to IronJimbo has nothing to do with Avatar. 

• Like 3

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Your disgusting posts cheering on job losses and economic depressions just so Avatar can make billions of dollars are in no way relevant to the movie itself. Regardless of how long you have been engaging in this nonsense. You may freely post about the movie, any production news, etc. But your posts, for example the one where you posted the jobless claims graph to IronJimbo has nothing to do with Avatar. 

Except this thread is about the box office and Avatar, no? Unless I'm mistaken and we're only allowed to discuss the movie, I was under the impression that we were to also be allowed to discuss the box office of said movies. Speculation around the amount of money that a movie makes seems to be in every other thread on the lot and for movies not yet released. 

I can understand if I'm making an error here. Except it seems that not being allowed to discuss covid in the thread is perfectly reasonable and sensible.  However, as it relates to talking about the economy, which is intrinsically related to Avatar's box office (and all box office in fact) seems strange. Why if this is the case was I not made aware of this when I joined and predicted that we would see a recession prior to the release of A2, similarly to the way we saw one with A1 (although I'll admit, even I wasn't sure of the magnitude of the former). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

To be fair the economy is really important to Avatar's gross... It really look like it could make double money. We may have to split box office by pre and post corona

I'll be upset, but not surprised if my predictions are purged in light of being correct. All that I cared to discuss was Avatar 2's success (and the many factors associated with it). I'll be back if/when that's possible. 

12 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Except this thread is about the box office and Avatar, no? Unless I'm mistaken and we're only allowed to discuss the movie, I was under the impression that we were to also be allowed to discuss the box office of said movies. Speculation around the amount of money that a movie makes seems to be in every other thread on the lot and for movies not yet released. 

I can understand if I'm making an error here. Except it seems that not being allowed to discuss covid in the thread is perfectly reasonable and sensible.  However, as it relates to talking about the economy, which is intrinsically related to Avatar's box office (and all box office in fact) seems strange. Why if this is the case was I not made aware of this when I joined and predicted that we would see a recession prior to the release of A2, similarly to the way we saw one with A1 (although I'll admit, even I wasn't sure of the magnitude of the former). 

Some people may not have standards or regards for human life, but the rest of us here do not like indulging in sociopathic cheering of  job losses and human suffering due to economic downturns just because it might mean their favourite movie gets to make some more money. 

And you are correct about people discussing box office potential of other movies in their respective thread. If you do see any sociopath posting similarly disgusting posts in any other movie thread celebrating that their favourite movie is gonna make big bucks off of human suffering then please feel free to report it and I will give them a similar warning. 

My prior warning still stands and I will discuss this no further. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kitik said:

I thought the plan was to release old movies like Avatar and Avengers for free, in an effort to get people back to the theaters when they reopen.

I never saw anyone mention 'for free', these releases weren't suggested by Jerome Powell. 

On 4/9/2020 at 2:20 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

I never saw anyone mention 'for free', these releases weren't suggested by Jerome Powell. 

Hope everyone is safe. Stay in prayer and remember the most high is with you as is his son Yashaya(Jesus) Christ.

Excited to see if Avatar 2 can defy the odds and bring folks back to hwood like Titan and Avatar 1 before it. Hey my fellow fans.. I'm here with you and miss you all. Rem nwo will fall. 😎. Look beyond what false news saying all. Much more we all are facing. Stay strong. I think avatar could still make its release date

On 3/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, marveldcfox said:

China has closed all theatres again. 

Hang in there marvel fox. We haven't adjourned yet. But who knows. 2021 is still some ways to go. It may all workout. 

JCS I will add your predict. And post updated predictions. 👍😎. Crazy no movies, no sports etc for now all.  May the film biz return