Jump to content
Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | It's been 84 years... | Teaser trailer on pg. 1090! | First movie gets re-released September 23!

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The one thing I’ll say that I’m still somewhat curious about regarding this film is how they’ll explain bringing back Quaritch and Grace. 

 

Back from the dead....

 

Sigourney Weaver...Dr. Grace Augustine - died from bullet wound, permanent transfer to Avatar body failed
Stephen Lang...Miles Quaritch - two huge arrows thru the heart/chest 
Matt Gerald...Corporal Lyle Wainfleet - stomped to death 

 

Clones for Quartich/Wainfleet? Grace said she is with her "Eywa", maybe they linked her Avatar body to one of those sacred trees used for downloading/communicating and Grace was downloaded back into her Avatar body?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2020 at 8:49 PM, Deuce66 said:

 

Back from the dead....

 

Sigourney Weaver...Dr. Grace Augustine - died from bullet wound, permanent transfer to Avatar body failed
Stephen Lang...Miles Quaritch - two huge arrows thru the heart/chest 
Matt Gerald...Corporal Lyle Wainfleet - stomped to death 

 

Clones for Quartich/Wainfleet? Grace said she is with her "Eywa", maybe they linked her Avatar body to one of those sacred trees used for downloading/communicating and Grace was downloaded back into her Avatar body?   

For Quaritch and Wainfleet I'm thinking clones as it's unlikely that they would both be saved by a Navi or something. Unless Eywa literally absored all the fallen humans which is possible actually.

 

I think what we're seeing is that high profile members of the RDA upload their current conciousness before going out on missions and can be reborn. What we'll see is them grow a human super fast as they would a Navi in the tank (usually takes 4 years), then they'll upload the conciousness into that shell. We've already seen all aspects of this process in Avatar already so it's not a stretch to say this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I could imagine this moving to Dec 2022 if the big movies of this year do all get delayed further and further.

 

Give THE BATMAN Christmas and let this dominate May 2022, ENDGAME style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

For those thinking this will break records next year...it's possible we may not have enough theaters for breaking records. Many will be bankrupt. Who knows if we have theaters at all.

 

Imagine the reactions of the Avatar loonies if this goes straight to VoD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

 

Imagine the reactions of the Avatar loonies if this goes straight to VoD.

 

That would mean a total collapse of the theatre industry is underway or completed. Every movie will be VOD if that happens and say bye to all big budget movie making. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

 

That would mean a total collapse of the theatre industry is underway or completed. Every movie will be VOD if that happens and say bye to all big budget movie making. 

 

 

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

don't be a donut

 

Should have made the sarcasm in my post more clear haha

 

When theres a movie in production right now that wont go directly to VoD than its Avatar 2. Unless theaters really do see a worldwide implosion which i refuse to believe.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Deuce66 said:

 

That would mean a total collapse of the theatre industry is underway or completed. Every movie will be VOD if that happens and say bye to all big budget movie making. 

 

Not really. GOT had a budget to rival movies and looked more epic than any movie since LOTR, and that was a TV show. TV screens are now the size of a wall. So home cinema is a reality. They'll just have to improve the way they make money of VOD. That's all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.