grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

Danny Boyle is always interesting. I'm dubious about DiCaprio's involvement.

Boyle said that he was working on a sort-of sequel to Trainspotting and he was eyeing a 2016 release. That sounds way more interesting than a Steve Jobs biopic. If he is making this movie then that sequel may be dead.

Boyle said that he was working on a sort-of sequel to Trainspotting and he was eyeing a 2016 release. That sounds way more interesting than a Steve Jobs biopic. If he is making this movie then that sequel may be dead.

They've been wanting to make that sequel for years, I'm sure it wouldn't be a hard one to do to shoot in either late 2015 or early 2016 for release in late 2016, I imagine they are aiming to start production of Jobs either later in the year or early in 2015

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leonardo-dicaprio-exits-steve-jobs-737570

Leonardo DiCaprio Exits Steve Jobs Biopic as Contenders Line Up (Exclusive)

Leonardo DiCaprio will not be tackling the role of Steve Jobs.

The actor, who had been in talks with Sony to tackle the late Apple Computer co-founder for director Danny Boyle, has bowed out to instead shoot The Revenant. But instead of making the untitled Jobs project right after, as had been hoped, DiCaprio has removed himself from the project altogether. Sources say after DiCaprio finishes The Revenant, which began shooting this week, he plans to take a lengthy break from acting.

Now with DiCaprio out, the studio is eyeing a number of actors to take on the iconic tech figure, who has been both worshipped and reviled. Christian Bale, who Fincher wanted for the title role, is on Sony’s wish list, as is Matt Damon, Ben Affleck and Bradley Cooper (though Affleck seems unlikely given that he just signed on for the thriller The Accountant).

Have no interest in this. Can't stand biopics. They are tired and unoriginal, and just an excuse for actors to win awards.

There are so many different kinds of biopics it's pretty reductive to brush them all off in one fell swoop. Lawrence of Arabia is technically a biopic. So is Ed Wood. So is The Social Network. So are Raging Bull, Goodfellas and The Wolf of Wall Street. 

Personally even while I have no interest in most childhood-to-death biopics, I still think there are at least two great ones (Malcolm X and Walk Hard). This, meanwhile, is fascinating for its structure alone which I can't remember ever being done before so it's neither tired nor unoriginal. And while I'm far from a Boyle fan, his films typically have a ton of personality taking them a safe distance away from the typical middlebrow awards bait camp.

• Like 2

There are so many different kinds of biopics it's pretty reductive to brush them all off in one fell swoop. Lawrence of Arabia is technically a biopic. So is Ed Wood. So is The Social Network. So are Raging Bull, Goodfellas and The Wolf of Wall Street. 

Personally even while I have no interest in most childhood-to-death biopics, I still think there are at least two great ones (Malcolm X and Walk Hard). This, meanwhile, is fascinating for its structure alone which I can't remember ever being done before so it's neither tired nor unoriginal. And while I'm far from a Boyle fan, his films typically have a ton of personality taking them a safe distance away from the typical middlebrow awards bait camp.

You're absolutely right. I was thinking more along the lines of typical mainstream Hollywood biopics, like the Johnny Cash one.

• Like 1