grim22

Steve Jobs | October 9 limited, expands Oct 16, wide on Oct 23 | Teaser Trailer Page 9

Breaking News: Steve Jobs has quit the project

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/christian-bale-exits-steve-jobs-745784

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the actor has fallen off the Jobs biopic that is being directed by Danny Boyle.

The Sony project, which has a script by Aaron Sorkin and is being produced by Scott Rudin, Guymon Casady and Mark Gordon, was on track to begin shooting this winter for a quick turnaround.

Boyle is due in town this week to meet with actors and actresses for the movie. Seth Rogen is in discussions to play Apple co-founderSteve Wozniak, but no official offer has been made. It is unclear how Bale’s departure will affect casting.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Rogen ffs! Is this some joke or do people seriously don't know how to spell his name? I've asked this before, never got an answer and my OCD is kicking in right about now... Please, someone, I'm begging you, give me the fucking answer :angry:

Rogen ffs! Is this some joke or do people seriously don't know how to spell his name? I've asked this before, never got an answer and my OCD is kicking in right about now... Please, someone, I'm begging you, give me the fucking answer :angry:

I don't knowgan.

• Like 1

Wait, what?  They're doing another Steve Jobs movie right after the original one JUST came out and flopped???  Is Hollywood planning to reboot The Lone Ranger then?

Development for this does go back to early 2012.

• Like 1

Deadline is all-in: http://deadline.com/2014/11/exclusive-or-oops-1201272594/

Looking at a big, bannered “Exclusive” on THR telling us thatChristian Bale is not playing Steve Jobs in the Sony movie has me perplexed: The trade has claimed “exclusives” on developments, and then “exclusives” when they fell apart, multiple times on this movie. They’ve made it seem like this Jobs film has had more iterations than the iPhone.

This is the second time Bale was set by the media — first with David Fincher and now with Danny Boyle — followed by two “exclusives” that he bailed. This most recent version took a bizarre turn because Aaron Sorkin made an encouraging public statement. In between the Bale non-stories, Leonardo DiCaprio was set and then unset. Insiders say that as yet, no substantive negotiations have taken place with any actor. They still hope to set an actor to get into production by the winter.