Peeta Tong Karanasios

Maleficent OS Thread

I wouldn't give too much importance to these kinds of numbers. The situation on YouTube is basically reversed, so how would you know which one to follow?

It's easy to understand : Maleficent targets a broader audience than Godzilla. Godzilla will have a mainly masculine and geeky audience while Maleficent will appeal to kids,girls and families, and men loving these kind of movies.

It's like comparing Pacific Rim to Frozen.

• Like 1

It's easy to understand : Maleficent targets a broader audience than Godzilla. Godzilla will have a mainly masculine and geeky audience while Maleficent will appeal to kids,girls and families, and men loving these kind of movies.

But that doesn't necessarily tell us much about box office, plenty of "broad audience" films fail and "geeky" or "masculine" films break out. You are also probably overestimating how male oriented Godzilla is, the same way people often refer to the fast and furious franchise as male oriented despite Fast 6 having half its audience being female.

Maleficent's page has over 2m likes when Godzilla's hasn't even 900k yet!!!

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

You want something to laugh at?

Godzilla has more likes than Man of Steel than the same point in its pre-release cycle.

And 22 million against 13 million trailer views? (Despite Maleficent's trailer being released more than a month in advance)

If you say Youtube views don't matter, then Facebook likes probably don't either.

Also,

Posted Image

I'm sure both will do very well globally and I'm anticipating both films.

EDIT: Sorry if this somehow comes off as a bit harsh/rude.

Edited by kaijukurt

You want something to laugh at?

Godzilla has more likes than Man of Steel than the same point in its pre-release cycle.

And 22 million against 13 million trailer views? (Despite Maleficent's trailer being released more than a month in advance)

If you say Youtube views don't matter, then Facebook likes probably don't either.

Also,

Posted Image

I'm sure both will do very well globally and I'm anticipating both films.

EDIT: Sorry if this somehow comes off as a bit harsh/rude.

No it's not rude or harsh

I still believe and hope that maleficent will make more money!

Also correct me if i am wrong but i believe that Maleficent has the highest facebook likes of any origin film before its release in the last years!!! :D

Maleficent has been a big winner for Disney over its marketing campaign and doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime.

:D

No it's not rude or harshI still believe and hope that maleficent will make more money!Also correct me if i am wrong but i believe that Maleficent has the highest facebook likes of any origin film before its release in the last years!!! :D

It's cool :DAnd from what I know you're right!!!

Maleficent has been a big winner for Disney over its marketing campaign and doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime.

:D

I really think Mojo underestimates this movie, the potential is quite big. Sadly it couldn't be able to last for long like Frozen did because of the World Cup in June :(

I really think Mojo underestimates this movie, the potential is quite big. Sadly it couldn't be able to last for long like Frozen did because of the World Cup in June :(

But that will only hit Europe... well and South America... and I guess parts of North America and some of Asia I mean it is barely more viewed than the Olympics how will that hurt its legs :P  :unsure::(

Edited by 23IsEverywhere

I think Maleficent is a wild card, will blow and exceed expextations...i really do.

I think the movie will be better than most people think.  I think Jolie star is an asset that will guarantee excessive returns in a majority of  big markets, including Japan.

I definitely think it could reach $450 - $500M overseas and go even higher if the movie is great and really breaks out.

• Like 1

I think Maleficent is a wild card, will blow and exceed expextations...i really do.

I think the movie will be better than most people think.  I think Jolie star is an asset that will guarantee excessive returns in a majority of  big markets, including Japan.

I definitely think it could reach $450 - $500M overseas and go even higher if the movie is great and really breaks out.

i hope you are right!