CloneWars

Jem and the Holograms | 10/23/2015

Of the 5 movies going Wide this weekend, Steve Jobs' RT% is currently higher than the scores of the other 4 *added together*.

Jem has the highest of the "rottens" so far at 24%.  In a way, having a rotten score like that can be even worse than having ones like the single digit Fantastic Four RT score.  It's bad enough to not be considered a quality movie by most, but not so bad that everyone hates it, and that it is what becomes memorable about those single digit RT movies.  So, Jem will probably be a movie that is forgotten very quickly.

Also, I saw the ticket prices on Twitter from some people who saw the movie, and I cannot see why people would pay a full price movie ticket for this kind of movie.  That is why opening this movie like a standard movie, on a Thursday night, did not make sense to me.

• Like 1

For the third night in a row, people are sharing reports about theaters that are nearly empty.  Some Jem cartoon fans came up with the term "Jempty" to describe it.  The per screen average for the weekend is going to be awful, "truly outrageous" in a different context.  How long does a movie have to be out before theaters can drop it?  Because for however long it is, theaters may be going for days on end with very few people showing up.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

For the third night in a row, people are sharing reports about theaters that are nearly empty.  Some Jem cartoon fans came up with the term "Jempty" to describe it.  The per screen average for the weekend is going to be awful, "truly outrageous" in a different context.  How long does a movie have to be out before theaters can drop it?  Because for however long it is, theaters may be going for days on end with very few people showing up.

Through the first two weekends. Having said that, movie theaters do base the screenings based on how well the movies are doing. So chances are they will offer very little showtimes for the movie next weekend.

So, will some international releases of the movie be cancelled soon?  I can't see the Australian or the U.K. markets doing much better than what happened this weekend.  And I believe the Australia release is supposed to be 4 months away, in February 2016?

Edited by Outrageous!

Did I see where BOM lists it's production at $5m?

That being so it might still break even? Not saying that's good or anything, just that the studio/investors aren't going to get hosed like this is Tomorrowland, Jupiter Ascending etc.

hey captain craig. Good to see yu back on and posting my other brother in arms here. How are yu jo ?

• Like 2

This film will die as it deserves to. Total butchery of what made jem an epic toon of the 80$. No sfx, no centergi?  Hasbro out of their friggen minds all. Flop!

Damn it should have been a huge,film if they stuck to original concept. Jem is a superhero rocker not a coming if age weakling film thats likr a poors mans pretty in pink film.  Damn hope someone trys ir again and does jem as epic as she deserves. So much potential wasted. ??

Kal dropping some truth bombs like a boss.

• Like 2