grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

Do you watch crime shows like Law and Order?  If a born again Christian character is on an episode, he/she is the killer.  As I said previously, IF a character is identified as a Christian, he/she will be mocked or a villain.  I never said movies/shows always have a Christian character.

And if you want me to start to list movies and shows where this happens, I'll be more than happy to do so.  The list is long to say the least.  There won't be much of a list at all where a Conservative Christian is portrayed positively.

Okay that's just CSI, and yes please list the movies/shows plus the circumstances in which they "insult Christians".  I don't understand why you keep watching those shows if they displease you so much either, if you don't like it the don't watch it...

I don't watch crime procedurals (cause they're all literally the same and so boring :P) but I'll just reiterate that it's very rare that anybody's religious beliefs are brought up in movies/tv shows at all.

Edited by Frozen Iceroll

Devout movie? Lol, no, Gibson was just smart enough to know that making a violent film about the suffering of Jesus would get a load of Christians in their seats. It was a shit movie.

You could have a movie that was incredibly devout and still not be a good film.  The Passion certainly came across as one of the most devout films ever made.  Was it a good film?  That's up for debate.

Okay that's just CSI, and yes please list the movies/shows plus the circumstances in which they "insult Christians".  I don't understand why you keep watching those shows if they displease you so much either, if you don't like it the don't watch it...

I don't watch crime procedurals (cause they're all literally the same and so boring :P) but I'll just reiterate that it's very rare that anybody's religious beliefs are brought up in movies/tv shows at all.

Here a few examples in these articles..

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezler/2010/03/10/conservatives-christians-real-victims-nbc-s-liberal-law-order-svu

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/film/features/29448-a-new-villain

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2010/07/02/More-Anti-Christian-Propaganda-From----Law---Order

Edited by rainbowtrout

You could have a movie that was incredibly devout and still not be a good film.  The Passion certainly came across as one of the most devout films ever made.  Was it a good film?  That's up for debate.

No it was essentially a Saw movie without the plot twists or, well without even a plot lol. He made it shockingly violent knowing it would make him a killing.
  • Like 1

Say what? Then why is crap like Big Bang Theory the highest rated comedy on TV?

Yeah, but I remember when those kind of shows use to RULE television. Apart from TBBT, TAAHM, HIMYM (ending), and Dads (dreadful, cancelled), it seems like the whole thing has gone away, there used to be tons of them on, and they used to be good too.

In mainstream movies, Christians are mocked incessantly.  Either they are the butt of jokes or the "bad guy."  On TV, if you watch any of the Law and Order shows or shows like CSI, if there is a Christian on the show, he/she will be revealed as the dastardly villain in the end.  I guess these little, low-budget Christian films are their way of sticking up for themselves when they are destroyed non-stop in the mainstream entertainment culture.  

You don't help yourself by simply painting atheists in a ridiculously cartoonish light instead. Frankly, it just enables the popular sentiment of your ignorance and stubbornness.

Edited by tribefan695

Yeah, but I remember when those kind of shows use to RULE television. Apart from TBBT, TAAHM, HIMYM (ending), and Dads (dreadful, cancelled), it seems like the whole thing has gone away, there used to be tons of them on, and they used to be good too.

It doesn't matter if they used to rule or not, they still handily trounce all single-camera comedies in the ratings.

Okay well the sources you gave were:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The first one even has the slogan about combatting "liberal bias" lol, you can't tell me that these articles don't have their own bias either.  The first article is only about one show, Law and Order: SVU.  Literally one of the thousands of TV shows out there and it doesn't even mention movies.

The second article mentions Rock of Ages, which I've never seen but then it gives generalizations like this:

The Christian’s the slimier of the two. He (ditto on the gender, with Rock of Ages being an exception) is either a cold-hearted authoritarian agent for divine order who squelches diversity wherever he goes, a faith-addled psycho who is convinced his nefarious actions are divinely appointed, or a good old-fashioned hypocrite.

Without giving any examples.  The it says:

No less than five major releases featured Christian antagonists that year (Red State, Salvation Boulevard, Higher Ground, Tyrannosaur and The Ledge) to varying degrees of critical praise.

Yea, out of those 5 films, the highest grossing one is Red State, with 1.1 million in box office.  That's tiny, and the other movies are even tinier, if you ask this forum of movie buffs if they've watched any of those, I doubt you'll get anyone who's seen more than 1.  

Sorry but your articles are just reinforcing my point, if there's one tiny smidge of negativity (like Law and Order SVU out of thousands of other TV shows or those indie films out of thousands of other films) then you get all sensitive and decry unfairness and persecution.  

This "Hollywood Liberal Bias" that you think is so prevalent is being way overexaggerated by some of the Christian right and your articles actually proved my point. 

• Like 1

No it was essentially a Saw movie without the plot twists or, well without even a plot lol. He made it shockingly violent knowing it would make him a killing.

Mel Gibson said the crucifixion was more violent than what was shown in the film, but was afraid that if he made it even more violent and disturbing that nobody would get anything out of it and that people would walk out of the movie.

I have 56 OW a 2.6 multiplier...Is that too high? 

I think it will have a 2.8 multipler if the audience approval rating on Flixster stays high at 80%.  Word of mouth among female audiences will drive this movie's legs, whether good or bad.