grim22

Weekend #s on Pg 34. Divergent 56M. Muppets 16.5M. Peabody 11.7M, 302 8.6M, Gods not dead 8.5M

The good thing about the Muppets is it's the one property Disney owns where they don't feel the need to spend 250 million on.

The Muppets are properly the cheapest franchise for Disney since it can be made for under $100m and it'll still be profitable. I don't know if they'll be another film after MMW but they'll have a presence in specials and shorts. Its funny that The Muppets get more attention compared to Mickey Mouse and co or The Looney Tunes although Disney have tried to make Mickey relevant again through shorts.
  • Like 1

This, number sounds pretty solid to me. Those who thought this was the next THG are clearly delusional.

Still that number reminds us just how of a monster  THG saga is in the USA, I mean 2 movies above 400m in 2d, it is kinda crazy.

Only 6 franchises before Hunger games  had 2 or more films to have sold more than 50 million tickets.

THG is only the 8th franchise ( forgot the old Sean Connery James Bond) to achieve that.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

Still that number reminds us just how of a monster  THG saga is in the USA, I mean 2 movies above 400m in 2d, it is kinda crazy.

Only 6 franchises beofre Hunger games  had 2 or more films to have sold more than 50 million tickets.

THG is only the 7th franchise to achieve that.

What are these six franchises?

I made a post about this in the Catching Fire thread but from memory you had :

Star Wars

Indy

Spiderman

Batman

Pirates of the Caribbean

Lord of the Rings

and  The Hunger Games saga.

That s a good club to be in IMO.

EDIT : I just checked and Jurassic Park 2 barely made it ( 49.9 million tickets according to box office mojo estimates)  so that would be 8 franchises to do so.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

You know what I just realized, I'm like Tele 2.0 with Frozen. I never saw it in theaters, I finally managed to watch half of it on the plane next week and when I expected to finish it on the flight home, it wasn't an option! So I'm still Frozenless.

To be fair, you're partially frozen. You're like a ice-cream bar that's half-melted in the sun.

• Like 1

I actually believe that it's 9

Star Wars (No explanation needed)

The Lord of the Rings (all three way above 400m adjusted, except the 4th one that isn't a jones movie)

Pirates of the Caribbean (1 and 2 are both above the hunger games adjusted)

Batman (TDKR, TDK, and Batman)

Indiana Jones (All adjust over 400m)

Spider-Man (both 1 and 2 adjust over 500m, 3rd over 400m)

Jurassic Park (1 and 2 both adjust above the Hunger Games)

James Bond (Goldfinger, Thunderball both adjust over 500m)

Harry Potter (1 and the last one)

I may be wrong about Potter though, but either way it's an impressive group to join.

What'll be interesting is to see how both the Mockingjays do, if one of them goes over 50m tickets than it joins

Star Wars

Batman

Indiana Jones

The Lord of the Rings

Spider-Man

If both get over 50m tickets than it will exclusively join Star Wars (which has a record of 6)

I'm guessing around 400m (no 3D) is about 50m tickets, if both get over 400m it'll be the only franchise with 4 movies over 400m, and one of only two franchises with 4+ 400m adjusted movies.

I actually believe that it's 9

Star Wars (No explanation needed)

The Lord of the Rings (all three way above 400m adjusted, except the 4th one that isn't a jones movie)

Pirates of the Caribbean (1 and 2 are both above the hunger games adjusted)

Batman (TDKR, TDK, and Batman)

Indiana Jones (All adjust over 400m)

Spider-Man (both 1 and 2 adjust over 500m, 3rd over 400m)

Jurassic Park (1 and 2 both adjust above the Hunger Games)

James Bond (Goldfinger, Thunderball both adjust over 500m)

Harry Potter (1 and the last one)

I may be wrong about Potter though, but either way it's an impressive group to join.

What'll be interesting is to see how both the Mockingjays do, if one of them goes over 50m tickets than it joins

Star Wars

Batman

Indiana Jones

The Lord of the Rings

Spider-Man

If both get over 50m tickets than it will exclusively join Star Wars (which has a record of 6)

I'm guessing around 400m (no 3D) is about 50m tickets, if both get over 400m it'll be the only franchise with 4 movies over 400m, and one of only two franchises with 4+ 400m adjusted movies.

Forgot about James Bond but that is old but Harry Potter : NOPE.

Only the first movie sold more than 50m tickets in the US.

Edited by The Futurist