CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

6 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Regarding TS5:

Scrolling through the tumblr tags on Opening Day, I laughed hardest at: "I can't believe I'm about to write fix fic about toys."

So, yeah.  TS5 wouldn't be unwelcome.  

I think Disney will see if TS4 crosses $900M or $1B first before greenlighting TS5. And if that happens, maybe we'll have to wait for another 9 years before we see TS5. You can't also discount the reaction of critics bitching about another TS. They might be tempted to give really negative reviews if Disney keeps making TS movies. I think TS4 should be the last one. TS5 is really stretching it.

TS5 will happen for sure and break 1B easily. A small minority will moan and whine about Hollywood going bankrupt of ideas or whatever, but it’ll be a great movie that is enjoyed by the huge majority of those who watch it.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I feel now every Toy Story sequel will be a case of rush and roulette in terms of whether this will be the one to bring down the franchise. 

The biggest factor in another sequel is getting the original actors.

I wouldn't be opposed to a spin-off in  the same universe though.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I’m so confused.  Would people rather not enjoy the 4 movies they got and multiple other shorts and let the franchise go to rest so that Pixar can make original stories?  This movie has a closed ending too.  Not everything needs a sequel.

....."original"? What's that? I only trust things that I actually know. :ph34r:

(That's the likely real response by the average GA joe, btw. The casual moviegoer is increasingly skeptical of their movie choices, meaning they will be more and more picky with the movies they watch.... thus, leaving the generally big brands as the only ones a lot of them might go to. Pixar is a big enough brand to carry originals easily, but still, why are you surprised that people actually want more of what they like? We are talking about the same audience that is carrying fucking Aladdin to a billion dollars. And they literally just got something that no one should've wanted and yet got great response and was a record opening for its franchise; plus, if they could find a way to make a TS4 even after what seemed like a pretty conclusive ending, don't be shocked if they find a way to make a 5th one and everyone will collectively blow their wads over it. I'm not condoning that line of thinking, and I too never wanted TS4 to begin with, just like I don't want a Lion King, I didn't want an Aladdin, I didn't ask for a Dumbo, I certainly didn't ask for a Cars 2, a Cars 3, a Dory or a Monsters Inc. prequel, etc.. I'm just asking why is it really that much of a shock. After TS4 - which, let's face it: BO-wise, it was overhyped by idiots, because I myself didn't even think 100 was locked before the trades reported on tracking - I'm pretty certain most people will want a 5th movie, it will probably happen sooner or later, and it will probably make more on OW than the majority of non-Disney/Pixar original films in total.)

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Regarding TS5:

Scrolling through the tumblr tags on Opening Day, I laughed hardest at: "I can't believe I'm about to write fix fic about toys."

So, yeah.  TS5 wouldn't be unwelcome.  

Tbf Tumblr usually has horrible taste so I'm not surprised

• Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

A small minority will moan and whine about Hollywood going bankrupt of ideas or whatever,

I mean I’m reaching but do you think it’s idk a reason that a lot of sequels recently this summer are underperforming, even those successful baring a few.

It's pretty obvious why the opening underperformed. The last sequel was 9 years ago...today, the target audience is not so much interested in action figures, as they are cellphones, gadgets, wireless headphones and game consoles.

Call of Duty, blowing someone to pieces. Movie is like a relic from the past. 

The unbelievable Shay Summer Streak (SSS) continues!!

Each and every movie that is not a Shay favourite either flops, bombs or disappoints. While Aladdin keeps making fools of all others, and everyone that attacked him. (That is the Shay revenge served cold for Prince of Persia a decade ago!!)

The latest scalp on the Shay's belt is a notably notorious one: a Pixar Transformers movie, overhyped and overpredicted to criminal levels by the despicable shills writing on the "official movie sites". (You should really stop reading/funding those, it's bad for you in more ways than one. Also, you should forget the word "tracking" - it is a very dangerous illusion they use to manipulate you into suffering.)

So, that movie fails completely - as predicted bu the Shay club Toy Story 4 UNDER Toy Story 3: something deemed impossible till Friday. And after its failed OW it will only get worse - stumbling on its little crooked tiny Toy legs, unloved and unneeded.

Take a word from the Shay and stop torturing yourselves: you want a smashingly good and successful movie like Aladdin - you wait for The Lion King. Simple. (And to think there are obsolete people here who even doubt The Lion King!! (lol, the torture that awaits them)

Edited by shayhiri

10 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

The unbelievable Shay Summer Streak (SSS) continues!!

Each and every movie that is not a Shay favourite either flops, bombs or disappoints. While Aladdin keeps making fools of all others, and everyone that attacked him. (That is the Shay revenge served cold for Prince of Persia a decade ago!!)

The latest scalp on the Shay's belt is a notably notorious one: a Pixar Transformers movie, overhyped and overpredicted to criminal levels by the despicable shills writing on the "official movie sites". (You should really stop reading/funding those, it's bad for you in more ways than one. Also, you should forget the word "tracking" - it is a very dangerous illusion they use to manipulate you into suffering.)

So, that movie fails completely - as predicted bu the Shay club Toy Story 4 UNDER Toy Story 3: something deemed impossible till Friday. And after its failed OW it will only get worse - stumbling on its little crooked tiny Toy legs, unloved and unneeded.

Take a word from the Shay and stop torturing yourselves: you want a smashingly good and successful movie like Aladdin - you wait for The Lion King. Simple. (And to think there are obsolete people here who even doubt The Lion King!! (lol, the torture that awaits them)

Lol. This guy is literally jerking himself off with some "summer streak" he just made up. Don't worry, Toy Story 4 will make more than your precious Aladdin (that people will forget about when the next Disney remake releases).

Also,  Endgame (had 90% of its run in the summer) and John Wick 3 didn't disappoint or flop.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

It's pretty obvious why the opening underperformed. The last sequel was 9 years ago...today, the target audience is not so much interested in action figures, as they are cellphones, gadgets, wireless headphones and game consoles.

Call of Duty, blowing someone to pieces. Movie is like a relic from the past. 

I don't think that's it at all. There was a gap that was even longer between TS2 and 3, and 3 made so much more. The reason for that is because TS3 was an addition that people could reasonably see with TS2, and TS3 had a well-put-together story with tons of callbacks, and an ending that had a sense of finality, whereas TS2 ended with a sense of "that's great, but there could conceivably be more down the line".

TS3 felt like such a perfect ending that to many TS4 just seems like a tacked-on cash-grab of an idea, so that's why not as many are going to see it.

(FYI I haven't seen it yet so I can't say for myself if I think it's good or not.)

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

I don't think that's it at all. There was a gap that was even longer between TS2 and 3, and 3 made so much more. The reason for that is because TS3 was an addition that people could reasonably see with TS2, and TS3 had a well-put-together story with tons of callbacks, and an ending that had a sense of finality, whereas TS2 ended with a sense of "that's great, but there could conceivably be more down the line".

TS3 felt like such a perfect ending that to many TS4 just seems like a tacked-on cash-grab of an idea, so that's why not as many are going to see it.

We don't know that yet. I don't know if there are already figures for tickets sold but TS3 was heavily inflated by the 3D craze 9 years ago. I've read a post here that 60% of TS3 OW was from 3D ticket sales.

9 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I’m so confused.  Would people rather not enjoy the 4 movies they got and multiple other shorts and let the franchise go to rest so that Pixar can make original stories?  This movie has a closed ending too.  Not everything needs a sequel.

why not? I mean if they were churning out sequels every two years or so then sure but I'd love to always reunite with these characters again. Also, I feel Toy Story 4 doesn't really feel like a definitive ending

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Also, I feel Toy Story 4 doesn't really feel like a definitive ending

In regards to the central character relationships, I don't know how more definitive you can get.

IMO, there's no reason to think the legs won't be in the range of Toy Story 3. I think WOM will be fantastic as word spreads that this film does justify it's existence.