CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

4 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It's gonna hit 1B at this point, right? It made another 30M WW this past weekend and there's still a few major markets left.

Unless the earth is consumed in fire and brimstone in the next week or so, it will surpass $1B WW. 

• Like 1

Congratulations for Toy Story 4 hitting $401M+ DOM and outgrossing Frozen’s $400M. 💁🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

And interestingly, the Toy Story-franchise will be the second animated franchise with 2 $1B-grossing films in the film-series. 👍🏻

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 hour ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

1B possible?

1B is locked, it will be around $990m. It should do $25m maybe $30m more after this weekend DOM, Japan is adding another $28m-$38m then we have some left over markets easiley $15m more after this weekend and some markets that have yet to open maybe between $25m - $50m in those markets.

So yeah close to or just over 1.1B.

3 hours ago, jedijake said:

You mean this weekend? Not sure. But if not this weekend, then definitely within the next 7-10 days.

$430-$435 million domestically

Why do you think it will end up so low Domisticly? 

And this weekend it will 100% not cross 1B :) 

13 minutes ago, jedijake said:

That's low???

Well the total in and of it self isn't low but it's low in the sense that you expect it to do only $20m more going forward.

TS3 was at $392.5m at the same point in time (TS4 is at 414.2m on Wednesday 08/07) , TS3 added $22.5m more during it's run. TS4 has been running ahead of TS3 for 4 weeks now. 

TS4 is running 25% ahead of TS3 on average during week 5 and 6. And this week using a $1.02m est for thursday it will be up 42.2% week to week compared to TS3. Knowing this my question was how do you see it only doing $430m - $435m domistic knowing that if TS4 some how only does what TS3 did from this point forward, TS4 would still end up with $436.7m and as it's running ehead by quite a margin right now it not strange to asume it will do atleast $5m more than TS3 did from now on. So I guess what I wanted to say is the floor probably is $442m DOM unless it doesn't get labourday expation but almost all pixar movies have gotten it so 95% chance it does.

If TS4 is "underperforming" like some people here predicted, very studio in Hollywood would kill for a movie that Underperformed the way TS4 did.

And I note that Shay seems to be avoiding this thread.

No great loss. His contrarian shtick lost whatever slight entertainment value it might have had a long time ago.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd say this has cemented TS as Pixar's biggest OS franchise. Looks like this will come close to TS3 OS, which is their highest OS grosser. With a massive 1.1b WW haul, I'd say TS5 is all but confirmed at this point. Won't even be surprised if it's the next sequel they make. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

Wow, this movie has a great multiplier from its 10-day total, and it's not done making money.

3.53x so far and counting. 

Among 100M+ Pixar openers (4), its already ahead of I2 (3.34x) and on the trail to surpass FD (3.6x) and match TS3 (3.77x). But still it's a sequel no one wanted. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, infamous5445 said:

Still waiting for that 2 billie Pixar film.

Do Pixar need it? Is it a requirement for any specific reason?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

3.53x so far and counting. 

Among 100M+ Pixar openers (4), its already ahead of I2 (3.34x) and on the trail to surpass FD (3.6x) and match TS3 (3.77x). But still it's a sequel no one wanted. :ph34r:

Do Pixar need it? Is it a requirement for any specific reason?

No. But it would be cool.