CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

22 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Your box office analysis seems reasonable enough, but "inside word says it's trash"....where did that come from?

We have a poster named @EmpireCity who works in the industry. He mentioned the Aladdin footage he saw at CinemaCon was terrible. Of course, it's not the final product, and things can change in the span of a few months. FWIW, @ViewerAnon, who gets word about how films are doing in test screenings and the like, has heard that the movie's just a'ight.

And of course, these are just two people. We'll have no idea if the movie will be good for months.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Blankments said:

how the hell does Forky "baby-fy" the franchise? if anything, Forky seems to allow the franchise to embrace new themes that aren't what was explored in 2 and 3 but can still have a ton of depth.

He seems a hell of a lot more interesting than "Woody tries to find his old girlfriend who had a very small role in the first two films"

I don't know - how many tweens do you see making homemade toys out of pipe cleaners and calling them "Forky"...and then how many kids over the age of 4 do you see doing that?  Now, maybe my kids are literal prodigies, but most kids who hit schoolage are out of that kinda "toy" phase, that usually lasts between 2-4.  And most don't keep those toys, either b/c they get destroyed in a day or trashed if they survive the onslaught of that age period.  At best, the parents might have these toys hidden away in a box for memories, but they aren't in the "rotation"...ie, they wouldn't be "around" for our heroes to interact with...

Now, I rewatched the ending scene with Andy and the new girl to see if I was wildly getting her age and progression wrong...and nope, that girl is giving full articulate, enunciated verbal sentences...so, the audience is seeing a 5-6 year old (ie - a new original Andy)...so, for me, "Forky" takes a maturity step back for the new character introduced at the end of 3...and probably for the audience...

Now, I guess it could be the girl has a little sib making this toy, and we're gonna be introduced to another main human character, too...so my feedback could be off-base...but the teaser did not introduce the terrible toddler to us yet...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Good point. "Forky" seems like something a 3 year old might make and a 2 year old might play with. How many years will have passed from TS3? And how will this show any progression from TS3? Just another reason to believe that the movie will NOT be about forky.

And as a character, forky is rather, um, simple.

• Like 1