CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Yeah, these random goofy trailers that probably have nothing to do with the actual movie really aren't helping this. They are only fueling the fire of fans who were complaining that this didn't need to be made. That said, the character models for the toys are looking incredible. The animation quality jump from TS3 actually looks bigger than from TS2 to TS3. Love the Bo Peep redesign too.

• Like 2

I was super against this idea when it was first announced but idk I’m coming around to it. The Toy Story movies are my favorite animated films ever and if we got another one even half as good as the other three I’d still mark this as the best animated series quality wise.

Interestingly enough, this got the most "want to see's" of any of the 2019 movies they showed them (however, TLK and Endgame weren't included). 

Obviously a super small sample size, but this franchise seemed to have the most multi-generational appeal. Even more interesting is that nearly all of them had a lukewarm to negative reaction to the trailer, yet nearly all still said they want to see it. Still sticking by my guns that it's foolish to count this out as being massive until we have some idea of whether or not Pixar has managed to deliver on the TS legacy with this. 

Edited by MovieMan89

On 2/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

The Key & Peele characters i'm just not feeling but I still have faith Pixar is doing this because they have an actual idea. I really don't want them to let me down on this one. 

They're doing it because Disney was planning to spend like $70 billion to buy Fox and needed to make a shitload of money in 2019. Why do you think we're getting THREE live action remakes, a Star Wars movie, Avengers, and Toy Story in the same year? 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:49 AM, MovieMan89 said:

Yeah, these random goofy trailers that probably have nothing to do with the actual movie really aren't helping this. They are only fueling the fire of fans who were complaining that this didn't need to be made. That said, the character models for the toys are looking incredible. The animation quality jump from TS3 actually looks bigger than from TS2 to TS3. Love the Bo Peep redesign too.

Pixar hasn't made a sequel since TS3 that lived up to the necessity of being made. 

Cars 2/3, Monsters U, Dory, TI2 and now this - all looked and were miles below their predecessors. People who do like them must have incredibly low standards. The best of the lot was Cars 3 and that's because I expected crap and got a solid, safe movie - but MU, FD and TI2 couldn't even manage that. 

Anyway, why do you think there is such a jump? I guess unless you watch them often, the mind just assumes the quality you see now was the quality that was there back then, but with even HTTYD looking dated, TS3 probably is too. I still am incredulous how animated movies can still look dated. What is there to keep improving from 2010? Or rather, how did it look superb in 2010 and not look it now? Why could our eyes not see the limitations then?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Cars 2/3, Monsters U, Dory, TI2 and now this - all looked and were miles below their predecessors. People who do like them must have incredibly low standards. The best of the lot was Cars 3 and that's because I expected crap and got a solid, safe movie - but MU, FD and TI2 couldn't even manage that. 

I like those better than their predecessors (post-decessors?) :ph34r:

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Pixar hasn't made a sequel since TS3 that lived up to the necessity of being made. 

Anyway, why do you think there is such a jump? I guess unless you watch them often, the mind just assumes the quality you see now was the quality that was there back then, but with even HTTYD looking dated, TS3 probably is too. I still am incredulous how animated movies can still look dated. What is there to keep improving from 2010? Or rather, how did it look superb in 2010 and not look it now? Why could our eyes not see the limitations then?

WOW, now THAT'S what I call GASLIGHTING!!! Telling people what they should or shouldn't like and saying there's something wrong with people who like movies that you don't. You must be very proud of yourself for having that much power.

• Like 1