CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

I'm baffled by the lack of marketing of this movie. I2's trailer came out in april last year, but the hype for it was insane; there's not much for TS4, at least not as perceivable, so maybe a trailer before april could be beneficial (or not even a trailer, just a teaser that actually shows some parts of the movie). I mean, families will probably go see it regardless of how much hype or not there is on the internet, but i feel like there's something missing right now. Idk, a trailer attached to Dumbo would be nice, perhaps. 

12 hours ago, rihrey said:

I'm baffled by the lack of marketing of this movie. I2's trailer came out in april last year, but the hype for it was insane; there's not much for TS4, at least not as perceivable, so maybe a trailer before april could be beneficial (or not even a trailer, just a teaser that actually shows some parts of the movie). I mean, families will probably go see it regardless of how much hype or not there is on the internet, but i feel like there's something missing right now. Idk, a trailer attached to Dumbo would be nice, perhaps. 

there's still a year and 3 months left...

On 2/24/2019 at 4:38 AM, jedijake said:

WOW, now THAT'S what I call GASLIGHTING!!! Telling people what they should or shouldn't like and saying there's something wrong with people who like movies that you don't. You must be very proud of yourself for having that much power.

To be honest, he didn't do anything of that. If I say "To like Blade Runner 2049 much more than Terminator Genisys means more refined tastes than preferring the opposite", I'm just stating something mostly objective (not entirely, of course, as this is far from a science). There's a gap between trying to figure how a movie is quality-wise and simply saying "I like it" or "I don't like it". For example, I like Dodgeball quite much, but if one tells me the movie is not good I'd agree with him/her. Or I thought Widows was a very solid movie, though I also couldn't wait for the end credits to arrive. This doesn't mean that person is trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't like, just stating some sort of truth, and being able to separate at least a little the two levels I don't take it on a personal level.

So, it's a "fact" that people are easy to please when it comes to a movie, and it's a "fact" that Pixar's sequel are not that good. That said, you have to take into account all the factors, and another one is BK having a negative bias against Disney sequels and remakes, so he puts that bias into his judgement and treats all those films as if they were on the same level.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, jedijake said:

WOW, now THAT'S what I call GASLIGHTING!!! Telling people what they should or shouldn't like and saying there's something wrong with people who like movies that you don't. You must be very proud of yourself for having that much power.

I don't think you know what 'gaslighting' means. 

Besides my subjective view, objectively, if you can call it that, the ratings for all the sequels are much lower on critical review sites. So, yeah, if you do like them, you have lower standards. I didn't do any of what you wrote in your second sentence. It doesn't contradict. 

Now that you've been called out, what will you resort to? Trumpian defense of a non-existent position? Admitting your mistake? Pretending it never happened? 

On 2/24/2019 at 4:38 AM, jedijake said:

That’s BK007 in a nutshell. Pessimistic, ignorant about our opinions and such....and honestly...pretty stupid with realizing that our standards are better than what HE assumes them to be. That’s why i don’t give a shit what he has to say, even when he desperately tries to convince us.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Besides my subjective view, objectively, if you can call it that, the ratings for all the sequels are much lower on critical review sites. So, yeah, if you do like them, you have lower standards.

20180920_161542.jpg?w=700

1 hour ago, BK007 said:

Besides my subjective view, objectively, if you can call it that, the ratings for all the sequels are much lower on critical review sites. So, yeah, if you do like them, you have lower standards.

The Incredibles: 97% on RT

Incredibles 2: 94% on RT

Finding Nemo: 99% on RT

Finding Dory: 94% on RT

I guess liking critically well-recieved movies means you have incredibly low standards. 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, catlover said:

The Incredibles: 97% on RT

Incredibles 2: 94% on RT

Finding Nemo: 99% on RT

Finding Dory: 94% on RT

I guess liking critically well-recieved movies means you have incredibly low standards. 🤷‍♂️

BK007’s just the same guy who predicted low on those sequels wishfully and failed. And he got so pissed off & ashamed when they overperformed. Typhical bore of a snob.

He has no right to call our standards low for liking them...especially when it could be taken as insults.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34