CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

While the lack of a short is kind of upsetting, admittedly their shorts have failed to really stand out in recent years. I’d say the last exceptional one was Day and Night way back with TS3.

Bao made me want to leave the theater and ask for my money back until I remembered I was actually excited to see I2.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

giphy.gif

===

They've been fine.  More than fine.  Just not on a record setting pace is all.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

Uh what? Where are you basing that from? It might not match I2 numbers but the presales are still very good.

Pre-sales are currently ~60% of what I2 was at. At the same rate, the OW won’t even match Toy Story 3’s OW.

5 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Pre-sales are currently ~60% of what I2 was at. At the same rate, the OW won’t even match Toy Story 3’s OW.

You're comping against just one movie though.  Other comps are pointing to a higher number.

Also, I'd expect a higher internal multiplier (Thr number -> OW) for TS4 than for I2.  So a straight comparison of pre-sales to OW isn't quite right with the two movies.

Finally, pre-sales also depend on the last four days where they really ramp up.

Think it is far too early to be slamming the panic button, in other words.  In fact, I see no need to hit it.  Right now at least.

• Like 1