CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

22 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

You think Dory and Incredibles2 were bad/rehashes??!!

AAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wait till you see THIS!! This is a rehash, of the rehash, of the rehash - made by the mother of all rehashes, Pixar. There is no conceivable way it can turn good/original.

But, if for some weird reason you want more of the same (as in good old 1995) - then, yeah, you'll get it.

The shtick is old, guy and lost whatever shock and entertainment value it had a long time ago.

You really have to try harder.The quality level of your trolling is in a nosedive.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So I'm confused, if Armond wasn't the one who broke the TS3 100% streak, then what was the movie where there was that huge internet backlash on him with death threats and whatnot over him being the one to break the 100? I could've sworn it was TS3. 

It was TS3 but he wasn't actually the first to break the 100. His review and someone else's rotten were consecutive I believe, so it was easy to get it mixed up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The shtick is old, guy and lost whatever shock and entertainment value it had a long time ago.

You really have to try harder.

I was convinced you were talking about Pixar's sequels here.

Yeah, they are terrible, nobody wants or needs them; they are destroying the name, legacy and spirit of the very company that makes them, and yet - lo, they keep emerging and cluttering the cine-scape with useless junk.

Why?? Money I guess. But that would make Pixar the greediest b!tches out there.

Just please, be finished with this, Pixar-mafia!! Go back to making only original movies, at least they have some chance of being good.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

No no, Lasseter actually seemed convinced that Cars had several stories that “needed” to be told. 

You would never go in the record talking about a cash grab to be one too, those public relation interview are not necessarily to put weight  on.

1 hour ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Cars merch doesn't even sell that well anymore. People tend to just reference those big 2011 numbers. Nowadays that shit is rotting on the shelves.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mattel-could-get-wrecked-by-weak-cars-3-toy-sales-2017-07-28

I genuinely believe that the shittiness of Cars 2 killed further interest in the franchise. The movies are doing worse and worse BO wise. And as I said above, the merch is doing less as well.

I'm also sick and goddamn tired of the dumbass myth that Pixar NEEDS to make Cars movies in order to fund their original movies. Pixar has been making movies for over a decade before Cars and they'll continue without it. I find it funny how Cars is "only made for da murch" yet fucking TOY Story isn't. TS3 brought in $2.8B in merch sales and I'm pretty sure Incredibles and Finding Whoever the Fuck did well too. Cars may be the highest selling one but I'm not sure why it's the only Pixar film that gets this scapegoat. The very same could be said for virtually ANY family film. 

This isn't really directed at you Barnack, just ranting.

It didn't necessarily work (or at least well) but keeping that cash cow alive was certainly worth the try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

Huh? What does Groundhog Day have to do with it?

It is an example of a movie that it is a bit strange didn't get a 100% score, I do not get the idea that there should never be a consensus that a movie is competently made or better. I am a bit surprised that 100% and 0% are not much more common.

46 minutes ago, Barnack said:

You would never go in the record talking about a cash grab to be one too, those public relation interview are not necessarily to put weight  on.

True, but word is that Lassiter's big hobby is restoring vintage cars might have colored his judgement a bit on this.

• Like 1

I'm not sold on the 200M opening week for TS4 and hell no to the 600M DOM. Honestly I'm unsure of what it will make but my educated guess is sub-100M perhaps 95M OW we might even see SUB-50M OW. It has been an unpredictable summer. Fandango ticket sales or positive reviews dosen't mean much to moviegoers as they are bound to eat junk-movies anyways. So hold your horses on this one

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

I'm not sold on the 200M opening week for TS4 and hell no to the 600M DOM. Honestly I'm unsure of what it will make but my educated guess is sub-100M perhaps 95M OW we might even see SUB-50M OW. It has been an unpredictable summer. Fandango ticket sales or positive reviews dosen't mean much to moviegoers as they are bound to eat junk-movies anyways. So hold your horses on this one

Okay I've done my best to be conservative when predicting this movie's OW but this is absolutely absurd lmao.

$100M OW is the floor. It ain't opening below SLOP.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Okay I've done my best to be conservative when predicting this movie's OW but this is absolutely absurd lmao.

$100M OW is the floor. It ain't opening below SLOP.

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters. Toy story as a whole franchiese has enjoyed alot more success then Zilla for the last 2 decades or so but still we have entered unknown territories with this summer flops. There is also to much competition in the box office and it will just get more and more competitive as Lion King will be a direct competition. 

As for opening week Sub-100M is possible even sub-50M is possible

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 2
  • Knock It Off 3

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Geo is just a random number generator in disguise you guys.

The hype build-up online is not good currently for TS4 no storm is building up for it and this will have to get pushed by families but if you give these families many options they will go with different choices. Toy story success has come from no competition but this time it will be different as the competition is top level all around

Edited by Geo1500
  • Knock It Off 1

19 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters. Toy story as a whole franchiese has enjoyed alot more success then Zilla for the last 2 decades or so but still we have entered unknown territories with this summer flops. There is also to much competition in the box office and it will just get more and more competitive as Lion King will be a direct competition. 

As for opening week Sub-100M is possible even sub-50M is possible

Image result for i'm too old for this

• Haha 3