CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

38 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

The hype build-up online is not good currently for TS4 no storm is building up for it and this will have to get pushed by families but if you give these families many options they will go with different choices. Toy story success has come from no competition but this time it will be different as the competition is top level all around

The hype build-up online is "not good" for an animated movie (less online demographic) that still has a trailer with over a million likes...

49 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters. Toy story as a whole franchiese has enjoyed alot more success then Zilla for the last 2 decades or so but still we have entered unknown territories with this summer flops. There is also to much competition in the box office and it will just get more and more competitive as Lion King will be a direct competition. 

As for opening week Sub-100M is possible even sub-50M is possible

tenor.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters.

Literally no one was saying this.

No.

One.

Not one poster.

No, it really isn't.

===

And before you bring up people "expecting" 200m OW for TS4, that was a shittily sourced Deadline side comment that a few folks here latched onto for some reason.  

• Like 6

I'm not sold on the 200M opening week for TS4 and hell no to the 600M DOM. Honestly I'm unsure of what it will make but my educated guess is sub-100M perhaps 95M OW we might even see SUB-50M OW. It has been an unpredictable summer. Fandango ticket sales or positive reviews dosen't mean much to moviegoers as they are bound to eat junk-movies anyways. So hold your horses on this one

not only does your prediction itself have an extremely wide range, going from 'sub-100' ow to 'might even see sub-50 ow' in the same sentence removing an credibility of earnestness, but in the very next post you progress from 'ow' (opening weekend) to 'opening week'

We can never be for certain remember how some were saying 200M opening week for Zilla king of the monsters. Toy story as a whole franchiese has enjoyed alot more success then Zilla for the last 2 decades or so but still we have entered unknown territories with this summer flops. There is also to much competition in the box office and it will just get more and more competitive as Lion King will be a direct competition. 

29 minutes ago, BK007 said:

To be fair, is there really that much buzz? 

Before reviews, the consensus was this would drop from TS3 unlike Dory and TI2. Even with reviews, I'll still wait a bit before seeing it. 

That "consensus" was always questionable logic at best and died a quick death as soon as pre-sales hit. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Before reviews, the consensus was this would drop from TS3 unlike Dory and TI2. Even with reviews, I'll still wait a bit before seeing it. 

Yes. But mentioning a sub 100M or even sub 50M opening week seems outwardly silly.

In reference to the post members are reacting to and not yours here.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BK007 said:

Maybe you should visit the presales thread.

3 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

I'm not sold on the 200M opening week for TS4 and hell no to the 600M DOM. Honestly I'm unsure of what it will make but my educated guess is sub-100M perhaps 95M OW we might even see SUB-50M OW. It has been an unpredictable summer. Fandango ticket sales or positive reviews dosen't mean much to moviegoers as they are bound to eat junk-movies anyways. So hold your horses on this one

Is this even supposed to be a real post? Is this guy even for real or just a troll?