CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

28 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Metacritic is teetering between 83 and 84. Pretty much a lock to finish in that range.

RT average down to 8.42 but still at 98% (and perfect among top critics).

We'll see what the Cinema Score is but I can't see anything less than A.

Might be A+. Who knows how many blockbusters got A+?

15 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

About a third of the Pixar movies have an A+.

Incredibles 2 has an A+ and Inside Out has an A though, so A or A+ I wouldn't put too much stock into it.

23 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Recent blockbusters that I remember: Up, Coco, Incredibles 2, Tangled, Frozen, The Avengers, Black Panther, Endgame, Into the Spider-verse. I think Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles also got A+.

1 hour ago, superduperm said:

Metacritic is teetering between 83 and 84. Pretty much a lock to finish in that range.

RT average down to 8.42 but still at 98% (and perfect among top critics).

We'll see what the Cinema Score is but I can't see anything less than A.

Hoping for A+ 

At the TS marathon, done with the first two. Wow, TS2 really is a significant step up from the first in every single way. For as good as the first is and obviously crazy important as a landmark in the medium, it definitely feels weak compared to 2 and 3. 

The first also definitely shows its age quite a bit, whereas 2 doesn’t feel dated whatsoever.

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

At the TS marathon, done with the first two. Wow, TS2 really is a significant step up from the first in every single way. For as good as the first is and obviously crazy important as a landmark in the medium, it definitely feels weak compared to 2 and 3. 

The first also definitely shows its age quite a bit, whereas 2 doesn’t feel dated whatsoever.

I re-watched Toy Story on FreeForm the other day and while I can tell it's still a quality film today, it definitely ran most of its legacy/steam on starting the CGI era. When you compare it to TS2 and TS3, it's not even close TS1 was just the starter/experiment. But that's what makes Pixar so great. They take their past movies and try to BUILD on top of what they did right the first time.

It's weird to me how people say the original Toy Story is still the best. It just isn't from a quality perspective. From nostalgic perspective and impact on the industry, for sure, but as an individual film the sequels are just better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1