CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

12 minutes ago, Blankments said:

"3,5/5" - Spaghetti

"Had a problem" - YourMother

"absolutely didn’t eradicate my fear that a TS4 was unnecessary. " - MovieMan89

overwhelmingly negative to me 

youre really weird

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Maybe, but TS3 never had me thinking “this doesn’t need to exist.” This did. But that’s NOT me saying it’s a bad movie. I just don’t think it’s top tier Pixar and the ecstatic reviews are a tad surprising to me. 

I agree. :Venom:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, harsh3090416 said:

Lol your being funny here right. @Spaghetti is saying he likes this movie. But he likes the first 3 more than this one.  How is that a negative? BTW he didn't say this was a 3.5/5.  Most likely if the considered the other 3 around 4.5/5. Then this is like a 4.25/5. 

Expect I think the others are 4.5-5 range and I would legit give it a 3.5. :sarah:

• Disbelief 1

13 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t get the love behind Toy Story 1, sure the chemistry between the leads are good and the jokes land but Woody is kind of an asshat at first.

Funnily enough, I was thinking “damn, this is really a contentious and mean spirited film in a lot of ways” when watching it today. Everything is so rapid fire too in terms of pacing. There’s not a lot of time to develop much. The art of nuance to their storytelling is definitely something they developed later. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Funnily enough, I was thinking “damn, this is really a contentious and mean spirited film in a lot of ways” when watching it today. Everything is so rapid fire too in terms of pacing. There’s not a lot of time to develop much. The art of nuance to their storytelling is definitely something they developed later. 

When you think about without the charisma of the leads, themes, the better jokes and arguably the animation, it would’ve been like SLOP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So without everything that made it good it would have been bad? Whoa!

That’s the thing, Toy Story and SLoP are very similar but Toy Story does it soooooooo much better, though once you remember the Black Friday cut almost happened, it could’ve been the same scenario.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Speaking of mean spirited Toy Story, I really want to see what the Black Friday version of the movie is like

I just want Kingdom of The Sun, that’d be the only live action remake I’d get behind.

A lot of the original characters get sidelined here and get very little to do especially Slinky. He needed a moment with Woody especially since he was the most loyal to him. It gutted me how he was ignored. Otherwise a very good movie. 

Edited by Godzilla

It was good.  Still felt unnecessary.  But, it was beautifully done, and quite entertaining.  Just not really sure I get why this particular story just so HAD to be told. I don’t know, I don’t want to criticize a good movie because they are few and far between, but it still just didn’t quite hit me the way 3 did.  Bit of an afterthought feel to it.  Forky was great.  Wish the original gang was together more.

• Like 1