CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, sabrecmc said:

It was good.  Still felt unnecessary.  But, it was beautifully done, and quite entertaining.  Just not really sure I get why this particular story just so HAD to be told. I don’t know, I don’t want to criticize a good movie because they are few and far between, but it still just didn’t quite hit me the way 3 did.  Bit of an afterthought feel to it.  Forky was great.  Wish the original gang was together more.

Yeah, Forky was surprisingly good in this considering my initial reaction to him was definitely "wtf are they doing, this is gonna be bad." 

Forky, Duke Kaboom, Ducky and Bunny all had excellent moments and bought enough energy and likability to the movie.

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

sauce

12 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Speaking of mean spirited Toy Story, I really want to see what the Black Friday version of the movie is like

They did release a part of it for a BTS featurette. It looks like the story beats were essentially the same but Woody's entire characterization was different. They changed it since they realized they needed the audience to actually like Woody in order to make his jealously of Buzz sympathetic.

Edited by SpiderByte

I loved this. It's much better than Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 was great but th story felt stale (literally a rehash of TS2) and the ending felt a little on the nose. This movie gets it right. The twist surprised me and the ending was beautiful without it being too emotionally manipulative. 9/10

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I loved this. It's much better than Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 was great but th story felt stale (literally a rehash of TS2) and the ending felt a little on the nose. This movie gets it right. The twist surprised me and the ending was beautiful without it being too emotionally manipulative. 9/10

There was a twist? Lol, guess it was the most subtle twist ever cause I sure missed it.