CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Forky, Ducky, and Bunny? The creativity on display is blinding. And that was even more random than the first teaser. Just  a Key and Peele animated sketch. Zero clue what this marketing is going for so far and they are making this frustratingly difficult to get behind. I wanted to be one of the ones in this movie's corner dammit!

Edited by MovieMan89

I assume TS4 will have a human element and that Andy will factor in somehow. I don't think that anyone involved seriously thinks that people will become emotionally attached to a plastic eating utensil. I mean-we are meant to throw these out in the garbage.

Comical sidekick at the very best. Unless we are given a new, more sensitive plotline, this is going to be difficult to market other than it JUST being a Toy Story movie.

Right now it's like they are saying "hey, we can put arms, legs, and a face on a plastic fork and the movie will still sell". That's what the teaser is at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jedijake said:

I assume TS4 will have a human element and that Andy will factor in somehow. I don't think that anyone involved seriously thinks that people will become emotionally attached to a plastic eating utensil. I mean-we are meant to throw these out in the garbage.

Comical sidekick at the very best. Unless we are given a new, more sensitive plotline, this is going to be difficult to market other than it JUST being a Toy Story movie.

Right now it's like they are saying "hey, we can put arms, legs, and a face on a plastic fork and the movie will still sell". That's what the teaser is at the moment.

Dude, you might be overthinking this

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

People complain for months because of the Jack Jack focused marketing of I2 and the movie still found critical acclaim and gross $ 1.2B

I think some people is worried because of nothing, it’s just an annoucement teaser

I don’t think people complained about Jack Jack focused marketing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PANDA said:

I don’t think people complained about Jack Jack focused marketing

Probably because people had been asking for a Jack Jack movie for years, ever since they teased his powers with Jack Jack Attack.

Don't think anyone was asking for a Forky movie 😂

Still think this movie will do somewhat decent, but not sure this was the right way to start marketing. Hoping they don't screw up The Lion King teaser now

13 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

People complain for months because of the Jack Jack focused marketing of I2 and the movie still found critical acclaim and gross $ 1.2B

I think some people is worried because of nothing, it’s just an annoucement teaser

People like Incredibles 2 and Dory’s teasers more though, I’d even argue the Cars 3 teaser although nowhere near it hype wise was received better. 

Toy Story 4’s teaser also got overshadowed by Detective Pikachu, which many of us thought wasn’t going to do decent. 

I honestly have been doubting $300M for this domestically despite trailer views cause unlike Incredibles 2 (which I always thought was going to breakout, even before the teaser due to the superhero craze and my reason next) this has way more competition family wise. Incredibles 2 benefited from no $100M+ animated film since Peter Rabbit in February or $100M+ family film since AWIT in March (the latter of which barely crossed the line and the former in the mid $110M range), Toy Story 4 not only doesn’t have that advantage but it opens two weeks after Pets 2 and 4 weeks after Aladdin. Not to mention I suspect Pikachu can be a problem. Sure Dory had competition but it was also very weak prior, Angry Birds did around $110M and Alice 2 flopped. It had a whole month until Pets 1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Forky, Ducky, and Bunny? The creativity on display is blinding. And that was even more random than the first teaser. Just  a Key and Peele animated sketch. Zero clue what this marketing is going for so far and they are making this frustratingly difficult to get behind. I wanted to be one of the ones in this movie's corner dammit!

Stop picking on a child.  Bonnie simply isn't good with names, OK.  :ph34r:

Key & Peele don't do anything for me and their characters call to mind the blandly jive-ish will.i.am and Jamie Foxx birds in Rio. But I trust Pixar will at least try to do something interesting with this movie. Not going to make any judgments based on a couple teasers.

I do hope this is their last sequel for awhile. Even if they end up not being great, their originals are a lot more interesting to follow.

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think TS3 unadjusted is the ceiling. Don't feel there's much audience expansion potential for a third sequel that many believe is "unnecessary"

The audience of children have expanded over the last decade.  Audience is not limited to those who were children or young adults the first, second or third time around.

The same arguments were made against Incredibles 2's B.O.  and how fsar it could expand.