CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Its basically a retread of Toy Story 2? 

Disney isn’t even remaking films from

the 90’s just once anymore, we’re on our second Toy Story 2 redux in the same decade

I think it looks really sweet and kind of...I don't want to say deep, but interesting?  With the whole thing with Forky and what it means to be a toy and be loved by a kid when you weren't originally created to be one and it kind of goes against your nature. That part sounded neat to me.  I don't know if that's really going to be something they explore, of course, but it's kind of a cool take on things after Sid destroyed toys in TS1, we get Bonnie creating toys in TS4.  I'm a sucker for these movies no matter what, but that did seem to be an interesting idea.

• Like 1

Soooo, Pixar is making horror movies now?

The comparison to Slappy is just too similar. Either this is planned or a lawsuit waiting to happen...

Spoiler

D2B2IAwU8AMTN3u.jpg D2B2ILaVYAAPsLf.jpg 

EDIT: put images in spoiler in case people don't want to see

Edited by feasby007

They certainly could have done better than a spork. If my daughter came home with something like that when she was in day care or kindergarten (and she did), it would probably end up in the trash a few days later. Not because we'd take it from her but because there's no way a fork action figure would keep her attached for more than a few minutes.

But the movie looks like typical TS fun and will make mid-$400 millions domestic and break $1 billion WW. For sure.

• Like 2

Good trailer, but I still don't know if I'm on board with the overall story for this. If anyone can make a story work though, it's Pixar, no matter how bizarre that story may seem from the concept or the trailers.