CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Call me crazy (... crazy!!) but I think TS4 will make 500M dom easily, and ww the 1B seems easy imo. 

TS3 holds the biggest os gross amongst all Pixar movies with 652M (back in 2010). Not even I2 could make it (634M in 2018). And that's counting TS3 made an unknown bo in China. I'd say some 700M os, and 500M dom, 1.2B ww.

It's not gonna make more dom because on 5th weekend, TLK may kill all its late legs. I2 made 520M on day 28th, and after that, it managed some 90M extra. TS4 might not count on those extra. 

Domestically, I think SLOP2 and TS4 will both hurt each other a bit given they release just two weeks apart from one another. I2 essentially had no animated competition until HT3. 

With regards to OS, TS3 was released during the most favorable ER period ever. Adjusted to I2 ER, TS3 would be far under it OS. I can't remember off my head the exact OS figure after ER adjustment, but maybe @salvador-232 knows. TS3 grossed $17.6 million in China in 2010, which was less than half of Despicable Me during the same year. I'm guessing China gross for TS4 could grow to $50+ million, similar to I2. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Looks like a rehash. 

Yeah, pretty much.

Toy Story 3 completed the story arc for the charecters; and when that happens rehashing is pretty much all that is left.

And we all know that Disney will milk the hell out of every franchise until the cow runs dry; ie when people stop buying tickets .

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Domestically, I think SLOP2 and TS4 will both hurt each other a bit given they release just two weeks apart from one another. I2 essentially had no animated competition until HT3. 

With regards to OS, TS3 was released during the most favorable ER period ever. Adjusted to I2 ER, TS3 would be far under it OS. I can't remember off my head the exact OS figure after ER adjustment, but maybe @salvador-232 knows. TS3 grossed $17.6 million in China in 2010, which was less than half of Despicable Me during the same year. I'm guessing China gross for TS4 could grow to $50+ million, similar to I2. 

I haven't done the calculus for all the markets. But right now it would lose 20m from UK, 21m from Mexico and 30m from Japan using current ER. Just those 3 markets put its OS total below not just I2 but Coco. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

I2 also had no big family films for the first half of 2018. There was literally a family film drought. TS4 opens in the aftermath of being the fourth family film in 8 weeks with Pikachu, Aladdin, and Pets 2 apart by 2 weeks each. All of the four are gunning for $300M DOM.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hunch said:

This does not look as essential as the other films in the series.

I'm thinking a $100m/$300-$330m run might be in store. Could go lower.

No Toy Story sequel is essential

the first one could have been a stand alone movie with no sequel s