CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

42 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

The amount of stupidity in this thread is physically revolting. I might throw up on my desk at work.

And yet you won't - because you need that job.

Surfing for fun on your workplace is the most you can get away with.

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

The amount of stupidity in this thread is physically revolting. I might throw up on my desk at work.

It's like we're seeing a parody.   But instead of Airplane it's Superhero Movie

• Like 1

I think it depends on what it is.   I'm sure if they ever filmed the Planet Earth series in 3D it would be pretty stunning.

And yes I know I could go outside

Edited by DAR

I don’t even enjoy CGI animation in 3D, TBH. Even with Pixar movies, I would still constantly be closing one eye because my brain processes 3D like those tilt-focus photos - everything that’s in focus or supposed to be “closest” to the viewer looks like it’s a miniature placed right in front of my face.

For example, there’s a shot in Brave where Merida is standing on a tall rock or cliff or something, the “camera” is meant to be a “helicopter” shot where she’s far away but in clear focus, but my brain processed it as if it were an action figure on a model landscape three feet away.

Stuff like that is why I swore off watching 3D years ago. My eyes and brain can gauge the intended “depth” from a 2D image, but I look at 3D and everything goes out of whack. Maybe it’s because my vision and depth perception are actually too good for the illusion to work? (I’ve scored 20/10 on at least one eye exam, and on road trips I’m usually the one who keeps a lookout for signs because I can read them before anyone else.)

Edited by TServo2049

Maybe people here should stop throwing the words "idiots" and "stupid" so loosely, just because these so-called "idiots" disagree with what you think or because, maybe, they were really hyped for this and so made predictions that look ridiculous now. For real, some of you need to get off your high horses.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, UserHN said:

Uhhm, TS4 opened higher than TS3.

Yeah, no, maybe if it did open 10 tears ago - but it didn't, so it failed spectacularly to match any ADJUSTED numbers.

And it's only getting uglier from here, because this runt of a movie can not ever dream of the mutated legs of the then phenomenal TS3 run. No one ever wanted TS4. So yeah, it is falling WELL behind, even UNadjusted. The Shay club forsaw this.

Edited by shayhiri

7 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Yeah, no, maybe if it did open 10 tears ago - but it didn't, so it failed spectacularly to match any ADJUSTED numbers.

And it's only getting uglier from here, because this runt of a movie can not ever dream of the spectacular legs of the phenomenal TS3 run. No one ever wanted TS4. So yeah, it is falling behind, even UNadjusted.

Adjusted number is basically useless in comparing TS3 and TS4 just because tickets for TS3 were expensive af. TS3 was heavily inflated by 3D tickets 9 years ago. Don't know the exact figure but someone here posted that 60% of TS3 OW is basically 3D ticket sales. Some are even speculating that number of tickets sold for TS4 will be more than that of TS3.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

And it's only getting uglier from here, because this runt of a movie can not ever dream of the spectacular legs of the phenomenal TS3 run. No one ever wanted TS4. So yeah, it is falling WELL behind, even UNadjusted. The Shay club forsaw this.

TS3 Adjusted opening: 126m

TS4 Opening: 120m.

Difference of 6m, or roughly 5%. That's a spectacular failure?

Quit getting high off your own farts, Mr. IW > Endgame BO.

• Haha 1

• Founder / Operator
On 6/8/2019 at 8:35 PM, Shawn said:

This weekend has convinced me of how ready this movie is to pounce on the summer box office. Get ready, folks.

On 6/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, shayhiri said:

Well, only because Aladdin will have had enough by then. :) And there's nothing else on.

But taken by itself, we can all agree TS4 is the most useless film ever.

True story: I was lurking in both topics and think I meant to post that in the TLK thread at the time. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, filmlover said:

This movie honestly eased all of my concerns about this franchise continuing on after 3 provided what would've been the perfect conclusion if any future sequels are to be made with the same quality and care as these first four.

What would you have said about Cars 2, Monsters Uni, Finding Dory and the Incredibles 2? 

All of those range between godawful to thoroughly mediocre. 

Toy Story 4 is a fluke. I'm thankful they got it right, but Pixar's sequel track record is terrible outside of Toy Story. 

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't include Cars 3 in the above list because even if it's fairly predictable and safe, it still advances the story and characters in a meaningful way moreso than any of those 4. It's also a makeup for Cars 2. 

I hope they don't make another MU or Nemo movie but if there is a TI3 it'll have to makeup for TI2 which was so bog-standard generic. What an insult to the original and Brad Bird was involved too, which makes it even more disappointing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BK007 said:

What would you have said about Cars 2, Monsters Uni, Finding Dory and the Incredibles 2? 

All of those range between godawful to thoroughly mediocre. 

Toy Story 4 is a fluke. I'm thankful they got it right, but Pixar's sequel track record is terrible outside of Toy Story. 

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't include Cars 3 in the above list because even if it's fairly predictable and safe, it still advances the story and characters in a meaningful way moreso than any of those 4. It's also a makeup for Cars 2. 

I hope they don't make another MU or Nemo movie but if there is a TI3 it'll have to makeup for TI2 which was so bog-standard generic. What an insult to the original and Brad Bird was involved too, which makes it even more disappointing. 

that's your opinion. Plenty of people loved Finding Dory , Incredibles 2 and even Monsters University got an overall positive response