CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

Stop being boring and a cry baby. Shay is hilarious we need some comedy around here. Cough Petty cough! 

Bye felicia. Do the people a favor an block yourself off this platform

It would seem you've been here less than a month... I'm gonna go ahead and guess this isn't your first, or even second account here.

It was a fun ride, loved the movie... But i felt it killed the ending of TS3 - which i felt was the perfect ending for the toys in question at that time.

While it was a good movie; it did not move me as much as TS3 and i feel that legs will not be as good. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen it yet and I won't be able to for over 2 more months (fuck you, Pixar release dates in Sweden) but since the Toy Story 3 ending has already been smashed open by the existence of this film, I'd almost be willing to just let them make Toy Story 5 and 6 and end it all there as an Andy trilogy and a Bonnie trilogy (presuming she survives this film lmao). But of course... the level of quality they've been able to maintain is something I don't want to harm.

On 6/26/2019 at 4:52 AM, UserHN said:

Geez, I can't take this seriously anymore. Go back to your own planet.

Oh, you REALLY want to go there? OK, here we go:

Dreamworks - the eternal rival, but finally emerged as the studio with better movies

WDAS - there's really not a comparison here, Disney Animation is infinitely better than Pixar, with tons of cult classics from all ages, especially the newest ones

Illumination - they have few movies, but most of them are really good visually, and original, and funny - so again, better than Pixar at all points

Ghibli - need I explain myself?

All better than Pixar! And here's some that are worse:

Blue Skies suck. First Ice Age & Rio are OK, but then it's garbage

Sony are REALLY bad, they have just one good animation, and it's Meatballs 1

Still Pixar loses: 2 to 4!

1 hour ago, The GOAT said:

Is Toy Story 4 going to be the best Disney movie this year?

Maybe if you list the worst first...

Edited by shayhiri
  • Disbelief 1

Here:

Aladdin >>> Episode 9 >>>> The Lion King >>>>>>> Frozen 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Maleficent 2 >>>>>>>>> Ad Astra >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spiderman 7 >>>>>>>> Avengers 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Phoenix >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dumbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Captain Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Toy Story 18

They start getting bad from Spiderman downwards...

Edited by shayhiri

IMO not enough people are praising Josh Cooley specifically. For a first time director (and yes generally first time directors on Pixar will receive more internal help than other first timers) this is very good looking film and all the action scenes are staged really well. Also have to remember the amount of production troubles this film had (seems par for the course with a Toy Story film) with regards to Lasseter intially going to direct it with Rashida Jones leaving and having to push the film back it's a semi miracle it turned out to be this good.

Also good to see someone else other than the OG Pixar directors (which I include Bird and Unkrich in) deliver since that's partly why I think Pixar haven't been nearly as good as they were in the early 2000s since the next generation of directors haven't been as good.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

In terms of Disney this year so far:

Endgame > TS4 > Aladdin > Captain Marvel

None though were lower than a B-

I actually think I put Aladdin over TS4. I have less qualms about it than TS4. I just still can’t believe how enjoyable I find it. Truly the biggest movie shock in some time for me.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • ...wtf 1

10 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Is Toy Story 4 going to be the best Disney movie this year?

Nope. I haven't seen TS4 but I read some reviews and I'm not thrilled about the ending. We got Endgame earlier which was great, Aladdin was great, and Frozen 2 comes out later this year. Plus there's potential with TLK.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn