CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

41 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Guess that not many/any critics were invited to the world premiere then.  Just gonna have 'till Thur for the actual review embargo to lift, I suppose (I believe it drops on Thr at least from what I recall someone else saying)

Or maybe there are many critics who were invited but some chose to not share their thoughts on social media because it's somewhat negative. Many critics do this. That's why for other movies, many early reactions are considered overall positive but then many people were surprised when the RT critic score is not high as they expected.

Edited by UserHN

11 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Or maybe there are many critics who were invited but some chose to not share their thoughts on social media because it's somewhat negative. Many critics do this. That's why for other movies, many early reactions are considered overall positive but then many people were surprised when the RT critic score is not high as they expected.

Yes, I am quite sure folks are hesitant to get out ahead of the crowd when it comes to a big as property as TS4. :rolleyes:

Still, you might be right, @UserHN.  After all, noted wallflowers like Scott Mendelson and Peter Sciretta and Drew McWeeny are notorious for being hesitant to share negative opinions with folks.  And reviewers like  David Ehrlich?  Have to literally pry the negative reactions out of them before they post a review.

Edited by Porthos
swapped out reviewer examples
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Still, you might be right, @UserHN.  After all, noted wallflowers like Scott Mendelson and Peter Sciretta and Drew McWeeny are notorious for being hesitant to share negative opinions with folks.  And reviewers like  David Ehrlich?  Have to literally pry the negative reactions out of them before they post a review.

Snark aside, I actually checked the Twitter TLs of all  of the above people and several other prominent Twitter critics.  None mentioned being at the premiere, before or after.  Checking about I didn't see any comments from the Mike Ryans or Ash Crossans of the world, either.

So, no.  Just looks like they weren't invited this time around.  

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Snark aside, I actually checked the Twitter TLs of all  of the above people and several other prominent Twitter critics.  None mentioned being at the premiere, before or after.  Checking about I didn't see any comments from the Mike Ryans or Ash Crossans of the world, either.

So, no.  Just looks like they weren't invited this time around.  

I also checked Twitter for the latest social media reactions from the blue-checked folks and seems very few, and a movie this big should have more reactions by now. That's why I'm quite nervous for its RT score. I'm hoping for at least 95%. Maybe you're right that many weren't invited. Their silence are quite deafening. Maybe I shouldn't hit the panic button yet. Lol

15 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I also checked Twitter for the latest social media reactions from the blue-checked folks and seems very few, and a movie this big should have more reactions by now. That's why I'm quite nervous for its RT score. I'm hoping for at least 95%. Maybe you're right that many weren't invited. Their silence are quite deafening. Maybe I shouldn't hit the panic button yet. Lol

A couple mentioned attending screenings coming up, so it's just most likely many haven't seen it yet. :)

TOY STORY 4 has been screening in L.A. for over a week, and there's another big screening tomorrow night. Not being at the premiere doesn't mean all that much, this isn't AVENGERS or STAR WARS where the movie is locked down for as long as possible.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, UserHN said:

People said the review embargo end on June 13 a few days ago when the first reactions came out... yesterday there was screenings here in Brazil and people also talk the embargo end on June 13.

Maybe there’s more screenings coming tomorrow for critics and they could write their reviews right after.

6 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

TOY STORY 4 has been screening in L.A. for over a week, and there's another big screening tomorrow night. Not being at the premiere doesn't mean all that much, this isn't AVENGERS or STAR WARS where the movie is locked down for as long as possible.

So the tomorrow night big screening is probably the one for critics

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Surprised #2 has the lowest Metascore. I thought most people considered 2 the best one?

The first one doesn't have as many reviews. The second has a moderate number of reviews. The third one was overhyped.