CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm laughing at how everyone was like "this character is gonna ruin the movie" when the first trailer for this landed and so far everybody's saying he's a highlight. What a twist.

counterpoint

On 11/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Blankments said:

I mean that the whole "Woody looks for Bo Peep" plot always seemed odd to me. In a franchise that has already been fine with doing specials and shorts to explore ideas, that screamed TV special to me. This? The idea of how the Toy Story universe works with toys that aren't really toys? That's a remarkably fresh idea that I would've never thought of. 

Like when I was a little kid, my favorite "toy" was a blanket I had since I was a baby. How does that work in the Toy Story universe? I don't know, but it looks like this film is tackling that idea finally. Plus Forky is probably gonna die and it's gonna be emotional. This is honestly probably the best route they could go with a TS4 (which is still a very iffy proposition in general) and I'm definitely intrigued

Not only will SLOP2 be affected by TS4's massive OW, but it will be coming off an inflated FD weekend. So SLOP2's 3rd weekend drop will be fugly (for animations that is).

MU had dropped big in the 3rd weekend against DM2

Jul 5–7 4 $19,716,347 -56.8% 3,739 -265 $5,273 $216,253,979 3

And it wasn't coming off an inflated Sunday. SLOP2 could drop 60% in the 3rd weekend and it wouldn't shock me.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

Idk. Will need massive walkups to get to that. Fandango presales are 55-60% of I2 at the same point right now. Anything above TS3 seems good to me.

with that kind of buzz & hype .. walkups should have been huge ..

still a week left in release .. so presales will cross TS3 ...

1 minute ago, Sunny Max said:

with that kind of buzz & hype .. walkups should have been huge ..

still a week left in release .. so presales will cross TS3 ...

Well TS3 was released when presales were lower than they are right now. It's definitely getting great buzz but, imo, not at the level of I2. Still, you could be right. I'm a bit less optimistic about the prospects than most on here, I'm currently thinking Dory numbers for the OW.

• Like 1