CJohn

Toy Story 4 | June 20, 2019 | 6th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I loved this. It's much better than Toy Story 3. Toy Story 3 was great but th story felt stale (literally a rehash of TS2) and the ending felt a little on the nose. This movie gets it right. The twist surprised me and the ending was beautiful without it being too emotionally manipulative. 9/10

giphy.gif

PS: Though I like how you shit-talk TS3, it was indeed disgusting and mediocre at the same time. But I don't believe this can be much better. Will see in a week.

Edited by shayhiri

The ending to TS3 was one of the all-time most perfect endings to a movie I’ve ever seen. 

Mind you....TS4 comes along and boy WHAT AN ENDING. 

Both tremendous films, in addition to the already great first two. Just hope they leave it there now. Four masterpieces. Done. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

giphy.gif

PS: Though I like how you shit-talk TS3, it was indeed disgusting and mediocre at the same time. But I don't believe this can be much better. Will see in a week.

I would love to know what Pixar did to make Shay hate them so much.

But it's not so much his hatred for Pixar but that he thinks Illumination can do no wrong that is jaw dropping.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

But it's not so much his hatred for Pixar but that he thinks Illumination can do no wrong that is jaw dropping.

shay play to an act? shay exaggerates his opinions as if he were doing a bit?

Why I never! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

IIRC from a previous post, Shay loves quite a few Pixar films, his gripe with the TS films is that they're toys, which was great for a "first CGI film" endeavor because CGI was very plastic-looking in those days, but now it can look much more realistic. 

That and Shay said he never played with toys much as a kid, he liked reading books instead. Which that's a sentiment I share but I still love the TS films.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrozenUnicorn said:

IIRC from a previous post, Shay loves quite a few Pixar films, his gripe with the TS films is that they're toys, which was great for a "first CGI film" endeavor because CGI was very plastic-looking in those days, but now it can look much more realistic. 

That and Shay said he never played with toys much as a kid, he liked reading books instead. Which that's a sentiment I share but I still love the TS films.

Shay's a troll. Nothing more, nothing less. NIRD applies to everything he posts

Really liked it, but still liked TS3 a lot more.

The ending is completely fine, but I'm personally more satisfied with the TS3 ending. As great as this film is, the early assessment that we don't need this installment isn't completely unfounded. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shayhiri said:

Wait, so according to its first results, this is only making about HALF of Incredibles2!

Is this flop territory, or what?? (A disappointment for sure...)

To be fair, I2 was a sequel people had wanted for around 15 years. TS4 comes after a sequel many saw as perfect and wrapped up the series great, so it has to prove itself.

Also as far as sequels go, or films in general, this is hardly a "flop" opening.

Edited by FrozenUnicorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shayhiri said:

Wait, so according to its first results, this is only making about HALF of Incredibles2!

Is this flop territory, or what?? (A disappointment for sure...)

Oh yeah. SLOP2, Lego 2, and HTTYD3 would sure love to open with that figure.

Edited by UserHN
  • Haha 1