CJohn

Barbershop 3 | Ice Cube is back | April 15 2016

True story: The man who plays Ice Cube's dad in this series, Javon Johnson, was at my house last week. Yes house. Hes in NYC all June filming something, but when he comes back he wants to check out some of my scripts. Pretty crazy.

• Like 3

Warner Bros moves Barbershop 3 from February 26th, 2016 to April 15th, 2016.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/warner-bros-moves-barbershop-3-release-date-1201491956

Barbershop 3 will go head to head against Paramount’s Everybody Wants Some, Disney’s live-action The Jungle Book, Lionsgate’s Mechanic: Resurrection and Universal’s The Best Man’s Wedding.

It’s worth noting here that Best Man’s Wedding and Barbershop 3 share director Malcolm D. Lee. Lee is set to begin filming Wedding as soon as he’s done with Barbershop 3. Whether Universal will blink or Lee gets to compete against himself for the weekend’s box office take remains to be seen.

Why put this up against Best Man Wedding, another black comedy targeting the same audience on the same weekend ??

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2015/08/warner-bros-moves-barbershop-3-release-date-1201491956

Why put this up against Best Man Wedding, another black comedy targeting the same audience on the same weekend ??

I would guess WB is expecting Universal to move to a different spot, maybe the spot recently vacated by Neighbors 2. It's possible.

• Like 2

Because Universal removed Best Man Wedding off of that Release date months ago

There are like five wide releases scheduled for that weekend now. Why is that weekend so crowded? I understand when it's Easter like in 2014, but it's not Easter next year. (The same weekend this year looked just as crowded until WB dropped Hillsong. The difference was that this year, the biggest movie on that weekend was Paul Blart 2.)

Edited by TServo2049

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Trailer was nice.

Ice Cube and Common in the same movie....

The rapper blood feuds were a long time ago. Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube are now considered family audience stars, and Dr. Dre is an Apple executive. As rap became mainstream, the anger seemed to go away as well

http://hiphopdx.com/interviews/id.2461/title.common-says-hed-do-a-movie-with-ice-cube-still-respected-him-during-their-beef

Common Says He'd Do A Movie With Ice Cube & Still Respected Him During Their Beef

DX: You and Ice Cube are big box-office draws now. You had a brief squabble with him on wax in the ‘90s against each other, and squashed that not long after it began. Given the chance today, would you ever collaborate with Cube in a film or a record?

Common: I’d say “for sure.” I would collaborate with him. It would be fun to do a film with him. The right project, I would definitely be down with doing a movie with Ice Cube. You know, Ice Cube is someone that, point blank, before he dissed me I loved him, and through the diss, I still respected him. But I had to fight back, and I’m a fighter, so I did what I had to do. But then after we settled things, it was always like I still had admiration for him and honor what he’s done in music and film. He’s been incredible in both mediums. So I definitely would do something with him. It would preferably be a movie, because he does some fun different stuff. And I would like to do something, I don’t know, but it would be a great idea though.

• Like 2