baumer

BSG: Congratulations to FILM!

ah Tele... your going off today..

watch out boys and girls cause i'm gonna throw my hat in the ring this year... 

Game on!

:OMG:

Edited by Jajang and Back Again
  • Like 2

Question 19 has been added in the main thread:

Question 19

New addition to the game this year:

Here are ten   twenty additional questions.  For every question you get right, 5000 points.  For every question you get wrong, -2000 points.  These are mandatory questions.  There is no abstaining.  Anyone who does not answer these twenty questions, loses 40,000 points.

1) How many films will gross at least 100 million dollars this summer? (you have a cushion of 2 films.  So if you are wrong by two films, you still get full points)

2) How many films will gross at least 650 mill WW this summer? (cushion of 1 film)

3) What will be the total gross for the top 4 films in August? (you have a cushion of 50 mill)

4) How many films will gross at least 80 million OW? (cushion of 1 film)

5) Will any film gross at least 35 mill in Brazil?  

6) Will any horror film make 200 mill WW

7) Will any film gross 20 million in Spain?

8) What will be the fourth highest grossing film of May?

9) Will Snowpiercer gross more than 30 million (this question must be answered regardless of the ambiguity of the release.  As of right now it is not listed as going wide.  We should know before May if it is or not, but even if we don't, tough. )

10) Will TASM2 have a better Thursday than Captain America 2?

11) Will Jupiter Ascending make more than 80 million?

12) How many 1 billion dollar WW films will there be this summer?

13) Will Tammy gross at least half of what Captain 2, ASM2 or X-men DOFP does?

14) Will Hercules make more than 70 million?

15) Will Lucy make more than 60 million?

16) What film finishes second in gross out of the August films?

17) Will Michael Bay's films gross more than 400 mill domestic?

18) Will frank Miller's Sin City open higher than Expendables 3?

19) Will the Fluffy Movie gross at least 15 mill?

20) How many films will open to at least 50 million? (2 film cushion)

If you answer 18 correct, bonus of 25,000

If you answer 19 correct, bonus of 35,000

If you answer all 20 correct, you double your score, bonus of 100,000.

Edited by baumer

Fuck me.And you should also make the penalty for not answering worse than 20k.

Well, I can't really.  It's -2000 for every wrong answer...so DAMN...WTF WAS I THINKING?

Yes, the penalty is -40,000

• Like 1

One question I would avoid asking is "Will the weekend thread reach X pages?". Last year I remember a few of us having to forcibly drag the MoS weekend thread past 200 pages or whatever number you had set. I get that you were going on the assumption that there would be meltdowns, but it opened well avoiding that from happening. The last 100 pages was basically posting donut pictures, discussing the weather and anything under the sun.

That question gets asked once or twice and only during a 50 question weekend.And no one is forcing u to say Yes.

Well, even if half the people say Yes, they will ensure that it crosses the mark which has been set as the limit. The ones who answer No can't actually control the outcome i.e. there is no deletion of posts etc. So almost everyone will answer Yes because they can control the outcome in that case. I really doubt that anyone will answer No if that question is asked - it is basically free points.

But really, it's one question out of 50, it hardly changes the balance of the game.  I mean, if you really feel that strongly about it, I'll refrain from asking it, but I thought it was pretty harmless.

• Like 1

Has anybody ever made it to the end of a game with a negative score before? (Not a mid-game dropout I mean)

Because if anymore questions like this show up, I'm heading that way I fear :(

How about a 10k bonus if we do not abstain from any preseason question?   :D

no, no one has done that poorly lol.

And your bonus for answering the preseasons, is all the points you get from the preseasons.  :)

It's my favourite.  It's beyond good.  I just love it.  I still get a lump in my throat in several scenes and laugh my ass off in others.

• Like 1

But really, it's one question out of 50, it hardly changes the balance of the game.  I mean, if you really feel that strongly about it, I'll refrain from asking it, but I thought it was pretty harmless.

I have nothing against the question, just that it leads to the weekend thread becoming even more of a "Classic conversation thread" than normal weeks.