pepsa

1 Billion movies 2014 (What will be 2014's Frozen?)

1 Billion movies 2014  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many 1 Billion movies will there be in 2014?

• Zero!!!
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five
    • More than five (Yolo)

So far we  didn't have a movie that broke out that could reach 1B. It's a bit dissapointing this far.

I don't think any movie was expected to reach $1 billion thus far. No real disappointment. 

So far we  didn't have a movie that broke out that could reach 1B. It's a bit dissapointing this far.

Domestical grosses are still critical to reach 1B mark. In 2014 first 2 movies did about 250M$ and both wasn't so strong internationally to gross over 700M$ OS. (in boxoffice history only the last Pirates of Caribbean passes 1B WW grossing less of 250M$ domestically).

I don't think any movie was expected to reach $1 billion thus far. No real disappointment. 

They didn't need to reach 1B but get close, like 850M or 900M that would be cool but 750M is the max so far... Thats a bit disapointing.

• Like 1

Hobbit 3 is defo reaching $1B. Trans4mers is (sadly) the next most likely although i doubt it. The third most likely is Hunger Games 3, but this is almost impossible. However, these will be the three highest-grossing films of the year. Beyond that, I don't think any other 2014 movie can even get past $800M.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if no movie does a billion this year.

The Hobbit probably has the best shot, but I could see it falling just short like DOS did.

Transformers 4 is a wildcard. With a new cast it might seem more like a reboot and might under perform compared to the previous movies.

Mockingjay part 1 will also probably fall short, but it does have room to expand overseas, CF increased substantially overseas from THG and a similar increase would have MJ1 right on the borderline of $1B.

I honestly don't get why Interstellar gets mentioned as a contender, even if it's as spectacular as some people think it might be I think Inception numbers are the absolute limit, but my personal feeling is 600-650m WW.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if no movie does a billion this year.

The Hobbit probably has the best shot, but I could see it falling just short like DOS did.

Transformers 4 is a wildcard. With a new cast it might seem more like a reboot and might under perform compared to the previous movies.

Mockingjay part 1 will also probably fall short, but it does have room to expand overseas, CF increased substantially overseas from THG and a similar increase would have MJ1 right on the borderline of $1B.

I honestly don't get why Interstellar gets mentioned as a contender, even if it's as spectacular as some people think it might be I think Inception numbers are the absolute limit, but my personal feeling is 600-650m WW.

If it fails in china and rest of asia than we have a problem.

Transformers & Hobbit will be the only billion dollar grossers imo.

I don't understand the interstellar mentions. The only non-3D films to make it to 1 billion in recent years are Skyfall & TDKR, and those were part of huge franchises. Inception had a much more recognizable cast and still couldn't break 900 mil.

Edited by loki