Shawn Robbins

CA2: $10.2m Thursday Night (beats Thor2's $7.1m) | $100m+ coming?

• Founder / Operator

Friday, April 4 Update #1: Sources report that Captain America: The Winter Soldier exploded out of the gate on Thursday night to the tune of $10.2 million.

That tops the $7.1 million Thursday evening bow of Thor: The Dark World and sets the Captain's sequel on course for a nine-figure opening weekend that will handily top Fast Five's $86.2 million April record.

Based on the Thursday night-to-weekend multiples of Iron Man 3 (11.1x) and Thor: The Dark World (12.1x),Winter Soldier should land in similar territory for a massive weekend north of $100 million--especially when factoring in the film's strong early word of mouth.

Check BoxOffice later today for further updates on The Winter Soldier's domestic launch day.

Full Story: http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2014-04-01-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-gunning-for-90-million-domestic-launch

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 11

If it follows im3 and Thor 2 for the rest of the weekend that would mean 115-120+ weekend.However I think 100 million is happening. I don't see why CA 2 will be way more frontloaded then past avenger films.

And this number includes midnights?

It's all of Thursday.  I don't even know if it had midnights.  In Canada, it just had 8-9-10 pm shows.