Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

You must have been expecting the West Coast to put it at 41 or 42 million huh ;) ... by the way ED, I don't know if you missed it yesterday, but your evening is set ... TDKR & MOS back to back on HBO. :lol: 95+ should take it near 250, maybe up to 260.

I saw that. Awesome.

Part of the problem is indeed people overpredicting, but there's also a strong possibility here that since this movie isn't quite as kid-friendly as other Marvel fare, it's Saturday boosts won't be quite as strong.

THIS!  CATWS, while very good, is not a family movie by any stretch of the imagination.  Add in NCAA, and I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday = Friday.  

• Like 1

THIS!  CATWS, while very good, is not a family movie by any stretch of the imagination.  Add in NCAA, and I wouldn't be surprised if Saturday = Friday.  

While this is a good point, I'm not sure how many parents will get that message on its second day of release. I'd think it would take at least a few days of kid/parent viewings before WOM gets around that this is easily Marvel's most "adult" movie.  It's not like most parents actually read Parental Advisory or reviews before taking their 6-year-old to the movies. I always did (being something of a movie geek, it was natural!), but most of my kids' friends' parents would just see that a new Captain America movie is opening and say, "oh, li'l Timmy saw those action figures at Target, I know he will want to see that!"

• Like 1

I pretty much agree. Although the final third was in a sense fairly generic. What else are they going to do?

What they could have done was kept the third act as "grounded" as the first two.  It became too outlandish when 

Falcon was running through the crumbing SHIELD HQ, jumped out of a window and into a moving helicopter.

My suspension of disbelief went buh-bye at that one.  

What they could have done was kept the third act as "grounded" as the first two. It became too outlandish when

Falcon was running through the crumbing SHIELD HQ, jumped out of a window and into a moving helicopter.

It took that long for you? My suspension of disbelief went out the window an hour earlier.
  • Like 2

What they could have done was kept the third act as "grounded" as the first two.  It became too outlandish when 

This was both mine and my friend's biggest complaint about the movie.  Yes you check a sense of reality at the door but if there is ALWAYS a way out/ridiculous escape everything else kind of loses its meaning.  The scene involving Nick Fury and the car chase (how it ended up) was another.

God's Not Dead is going to have a shot at outgrossing Grand Budapest.  Insane.

Sorry, but how do you get that possibility?  Grand Budapest is already ahead of it and it probably still has another expansion coming.  TGBH will probably outgross it by 10-15 million.

• Like 1

It took that long for you? My suspension of disbelief went out the window an hour earlier.

Well, it was shoved off-kilter when 

Fury escaped the WS by burning a hole through the street. I guess WS doesn't like acid made holes because there's no indication of a continued pursuit.

Then it was pushed to the precipice when

Cap, BW, Falcon and Hill escaped Hydra with a similar acid-hole through the vehicle trick. How exactly did they get away without being seen or pursued?

And that scene in the final act did me in.  My second biggest problem with the movie is its repeated use of the deus ex machina.  If the Russos were a little more creative, and pushed the envelope just a bit more, there would have been no need for those contrivances, and a very good movie would have been a really great one.  

• Like 2