Dementeleus

Weekend #s April 4-6 (Cap2: 96.2, Noah 17, Divergent 13)

Oh so there is more places to show yet in OS.  Its not popular overseas for the book?

It is as popular as THG was in March 2012. In other words, nobody knows the books.

It certainly isn't in the UK. I think we're getting pretty damn sick of YA adaptations too.

Really?  I started getting interested since HG and HP.  Course didn't like some of the other YA movies.  But at least its something new to me instead of constant reboots of the movies like Ninja Turtles or Spiderman constantly.  Maze Runner is interesting for example. 

;) Now there is a new series (well not new) that I'm interesting in seeing for film adaptation called Legend by Marie Lu.

• Like 1

In the end, I think the midnight opening really set a higher expectation from Cap 2. It caused everyone to update their predictions to 110+. I think this may be the new frontloadedness for Marvel movies - big midnights, decent Friday, good Saturday bump and normal Sunday drop.

• Like 3

I wonder what the 3D share and audience breakdown is

CA: WINTER SOLDIER checklist: 26+ 57%, Male - 64%, CinemaScore - A, 3D - 40% (IMAX 10%), +48% higher than CA.

CA1 3D share was also 40%.

Guessing that the first ever 100M OW in April will be seen next year with Fast 7. I'm hoping for 120M+ opening for that movie, it opens in April with no competition and the Paul Walker effect will also be present as I am sure Universal will push the fact that it is Walker's last movie in every ad.

• Like 3

Wow God's Not Dead's got a little Avatar type run going for it. Very impressive, especially considering I saw zero advertising, even here in the deep South. Heaven is for Real will be direct comp, but Easter will counterbalance. Reminds me of INI last year.

And yayyy for Cap 2. Too bad my baby Fast will be rolling in in 365. Still applauding the Russo's for not making more dung and delivering a massive improvement. And read my review!!

• Like 2