Dark Jedi Master 007

Are You Getting Tired of Comic Book Films?

81 members have voted

1. 1. Are you faitgued by the amount of comic book films we keep getting

• Yes, enough is enough.
    • Somewhat, but every once in a while, a good one comes out and changes my mind.
    • I can't tell right now.
    • No, but I am worried that I soon will be.
    • Are you kidding? COMIC BOOK FILMS ROCK!!!!!!

Honestly, I think after Avengers 3, comic book films will have run their course. But that's a ways off.

As I said if there any film franchise that has more "value" apart from Stars wars its the Avengers these days. 

Yes its not very original to keep putting heroes back together to fight evil, however you really think any studio is going to forfeit a guaranteed 1.5 billion in WW theatrical revenues + God Knows how much more in other deals. 

With DC comics starting with Justice leauge and with Captain America becoming rather popular, I don't see it dying down any time soon. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Im not getting tired of them but when a comic book movie came out it used to be an event movie and now it doesn't feel that way to me.

That is true only TDK and Avengers have sold more tickets then Spiderman 1 for example. 

I think the number of comic book movies has increased a lot though in recent years

Edited by Lordmandeep

Somewhat tired. I have never been a big fan of CBMs though.

SM1 was amazing. Then BB came along. IM1 was fresh and a surprise. TDK is the only non-original that I love. That's that. Everything else has been forgettable imo. Next I care for BvS.

Actually, BO wise, comic book films seem to be doing better now than before. Before Spider-Man and X-Men were the only hits. FF, Daredevil, Hulk, etc. all failed. Then, in 2008 we had TDK and Iron Man both big hits. Then, in 2012 we got Avengers and TDKR and then IM3, Thor 2, Cap 2, and heck TASM2 an absolute train-wreck will make more than $200M. It is also likely DOFP and GOTG make over $200M and MoS made almost $300M last year. If any thing in 2002, Spider-Man got audiences used to comic book films, IM and TDK took things up a notch in 2008 and in 2012 the genre went up yet another notch thanks to the Avengers. So, actually comic book films are on an upward progression at the moment and not a downhill progression.

• Like 1