baumer

Boxoffice.comipedia of the Marvel universe

The Marvel universe is so vast.  For those of you, like me, who have never read the comics, there is a lot to digest.  I had no idea that the last scene in

Cap 2 was the twins who are Magneto's kids.

Same thing when they show those purple motherfuckers in the end scene in Thor 2.  

I thought this would be a perfect place to tell us all that you know.  This world is so big and so connected that it can be frustrating for people like me because I don't know all of the characters the way many of you do.  For example, I read that Wolverine and Captain America fought in WW2 together.  That's a really interesting fact.

So let's have at it.  Tell us what you know.  

The only thing I would ask is that you not write a novel.  It's much easier reading short spurts rather than an Ijack wall of crap.

So if you know something, tell us here.  I'll ask questions of course and maybe you guys can clear it up.  It can be anything to do with Marvel.

This can be our own Wikipedia.  I'll even organize this.

So here's some questions.  

Do the X-men and the Avengers ever team up in the comics?  Does Spider-man team up with the Avengers at all?

Do the Guardians of the Galaxy have any crossover in the Avengers world?

Where do they find the material, Vibranium to make Cap's shield with?

If the Hulk ever got near Magneto, would there be anything to stop him from destroying him?

Strength wise, is Captain America close to Hulk and Thor?

I have so many questions and I know some of you know the answers.  But again, no novels please.

I recently, by recently mean 8 years, got into comics. Also watched X-Men cartoons as well as Spider-Man and a lot of wikipedia, blogs, forums and other resources. Will do the best to try to answer these questions.

Do the X-men and the Avengers ever team up in the comics?  Does Spider-man team up with the Avengers at all?

In Infinity Gauntlet Avengers team up with both its an include everyone in the Marvel Universe type deal. In AvX, not so much a team up, but included both the Avengers and X-Men.

Today's Avengers cartoon episode included GOTG/Avengers in what seems to be their first meeting. In the movies my theory is that once Thanos acquires all the Infinity Stones it he will be to big of a threat to handle for the Avengers, so will team up with the Guardians+other members.

Where do they find the material, Vibranium to make Cap's shield with?Vibranium in Wakanda, Black Panther's home. There has been talk of a Black Panther movie, I would imagine Vibranium to be a talking point in the movie.

If the Hulk ever got near Magneto, would there be anything to stop him from destroying him?

Magneto could win has different ways of doing it.

Not looking at the movies, I would say neither. Hulk has no limits to his strength and with or even with out Mjolnir Thor is class 100+ as is Hulk, Cap is a class .5 or can lift 1000 lbs.

• Like 1

Lovibond's character that we saw in TDW mid-credit scene is Carina (Walters), she played a vital role in the Korvac Saga. Carina+Korvac took it to the Avengers (around 20), but fell in the end. I am puzzled at her look in the movie.

Who is Thanos?

We saw him in the mid credit scene of the Avengers. Without going to much detail, basically has a fascination with death remember what was said in the Avengers? About courting Death? Don't know if will see Death as a figure or just an abstract deity or maybe never see her. Anyways Thanos gather all the Gems, in this case Infinity Stones and becomes every kind of omni- destroying half of the Universe. This is from the comics and in the end is beaten what I think is kind of cheap, but the battles that ensue are epic, you have Galactus, Order, Chaos and other Marvel cosmic beings as well as the Avengers battle him.

In the movie I think we won't get all the the cosmic beings and have a showdown between Thanos (w/stones) and Avengers+Guardians+other Avengers we haven't seen+Inhumans? will be an epic showdown, might have each team fight a stone. Now we know the Cosmic cube, Aether are stones not like in the comics (gems), so could fight each as a different face as Thanos. This is just one possibility.

• Like 1

Theory for Guardians (GOTG2):

The Guardians go find Adam Warlock and in searching for him, they instead find a cocoon. Adam entered his cocoon state because he was being imbedded with dark secrets, but he wasn't safe these secrets still got him. When the Guardians drop of their cargo they are surprised by the emergence of the Magus.

Are gems precursors to stones? If so than the Aether, Tesseract and Cube might need to be cut or transformed to turn/bring out the gems.

Edited by Neo

Drax and Thanos. We know that Drax will think that Ronan killed his family, but will this remain constant throughout the movies? In the comics Thanos killed him and his family we don't need to see or hear what happened, but have Drax main goal in life to kill Thanos. Also will he glow when he is near Thanos.? If we see some history between the two will we get a glimpse of Arthur Douglas or Heather Douglas (Moondragon) another Guardian? Thanos is lurking above it all so Thanos could have made it seem that Ronan killed his family. As we know Ronan will be a hero some time and this doesn't seem something a hero would do.

Just adding a few things neo

I recently, by recently mean 8 years, got into comics. Also watched X-Men cartoons as well as Spider-Man and a lot of wikipedia, blogs, forums and other resources. Will do the best to try to answer these questions.

In Infinity Gauntlet Avengers team up with both its an include everyone in the Marvel Universe type deal. In AvX, not so much a team up, but included both the Avengers and X-Men.

Spiderman has always been an ally of the Avengers. He was a reserve member for a very long time until the Disassembled storyline and starred in the New Avengers series from 2004. 

As for the Xmen they have been teaming up and at times fighting eachother since the 60's. 

Today's Avengers cartoon episode included GOTG/Avengers in what seems to be their first meeting. In the movies my theory is that once Thanos acquires all the Infinity Stones it he will be to big of a threat to handle for the Avengers, so will team up with the Guardians+other members.

in the comics GOTG have meetings with the Avengers but not too often as they are based in space. They have teamed up with the Xmen in the most recent comics. 

Where do they find the material, Vibranium to make Cap's shield with?
Vibranium in Wakanda, Black Panther's home. There has been talk of a Black Panther movie, I would imagine Vibranium to be a talking point in the movie.

Also it is extraterrestrial in origin. if i recall it was deposited by a meteor thousands of years ago. 

Magneto could win has different ways of doing it.

Disagree here. Hulk hands down. Magneto could try throwing metal at him which will just peeve the hulk off and make him stronger.

Not looking at the movies, I would say neither. Hulk has no limits to his strength and with or even with out Mjolnir Thor is class 100+ as is Hulk, Cap is a class .5 or can lift 1000 lbs.

Edited by Omario
  • Like 2

Thank you Omario.

I kind of thought the same thing about Hulk and Magneto battle.  

As for the strength with Thor and Hulk, is it common knowledge that they are equal in strength?

And keep in mind, I hope this thread has random posts in it.  Anything is helpful.

Ok, some more questions:

So Black Widow is or is not genetically altered?  She seems awfully good at what she does.

Hawkeye?  Same question.

Winter Soldier has to be altered in some way.  The film says that Hydra experimented on him during the war.  Do we know what those experiments were?

How about Storm?  Does anyone have any background on her?

As for the strength with Thor and Hulk, is it common knowledge that they are equal in strength?

Alot of people are split on this. Some say their base strength is level but that hulk gets stronger the more angry he gets. Which i think as a compromise may be the best way to go about it. That said Thor can beat Hulk if he was imbued with the Odin Force which is the power level of his father Odin. That power is received when you become the Allfather and leader of the pantheon. Also another power that Thor has received is as the  Rune King. That would in theory be a power greater than the Odin force. Basically think of it as Skyfather (like odin) to the next level which is an Elder God. Again he could take out hulk with that. But i guess without these power upgrades he would lose the fight against the hulk.

Another thing to remember is that the Hulk has also had power upgrades too as the Worldbreaker (literally he could break the world in half). That would be interesting against Odin force empowered Thor etc.

So Black Widow is or is not genetically altered?  She seems awfully good at what she does.

in the movie...no. She is just a well trained agent/assassin. In the comics she has received a form of super soldier serum when she worked with the soviets.  Its a weaker version  of the serum that Captain America received but its give her above average human reflexes and healing. Just to clarify your earlier question about Caps strength. He is at the peak of Human fitness. Think of it as the full natural body strength that our bodies could contain. 

Hawkeye?  Same question.

Nope...just a good eye :P

Winter Soldier has to be altered in some way.  The film says that Hydra experimented on him during the war.  Do we know what those experiments were?

In the comics he was just brainwashed, trained more and given a cybernetic arm. Pretty much like in the movie. Except it was the Soviets who did this and not hydra. he also gets put in cryostasis like in the movie until he is needed again hence why he hasnt aged much.

Storm Is an Omega level mutant (which is the most powerful form). She is part of the Xmen and former wife of the Black Panther. Her ability is the control of all forms of weather. This gives her body various benefits. Such as breathing underwater and also changing her vision to see electromagnetic energy. She is also descended from witches which link her to the power Doctor Strange wields. so she also possesses some magical traits. Don't know too much about that though sorry.

Edited by Omario
  • Like 1

Wow!  Awesome stuff Omario.  Thanks.  

This kind of makes me interested in a Black Panther movie now.  He seems to be pretty prominent in the MCU.

Alot of people are split on this. Some say their base strength is level but that hulk gets stronger the more angry he gets. Which i think as a compromise may be the best way to go about it. That said Thor can beat Hulk if he was imbued with the Odin Force which is the power level of his father Odin. That power is received when you become the Allfather and leader of the pantheon. Also another power that Thor has received is as the  Rune King. That would in theory be a power greater than the Odin force. Basically think of it as Skyfather (like odin) to the next level which is an Elder God. Again he could take out hulk with that. But i guess without these power upgrades he would lose the fight against the hulk.

Unless he would end fast, for example with a god blast not allowing Hulk to get mad.

Another thing to remember is that the Hulk has also had power upgrades too as the Worldbreaker (literally he could break the world in half). That would be interesting against Odin force empowered Thor etc.

in the movie...no. She is just a well trained agent/assassin. In the comics she has received a form of super soldier serum when she worked with the soviets.  Its a weaker version  of the serum that Captain America received but its give her above average human reflexes and healing. Just to clarify your earlier question about Caps strength. He is at the peak of Human fitness. Think of it as the full natural body strength that our bodies could contain. 

Couldn't we learn of the serum in later movies?

Hawkeye?  Same question.

Nope...just a good eye :P

In the comics he was just brainwashed, trained more and given a cybernetic arm. Pretty much like in the movie. Except it was the Soviets who did this and not hydra. he also gets put in cryostasis like in the movie until he is needed again hence why he hasnt aged much.

Storm Is an Omega level mutant (which is the most powerful form). She is part of the Xmen and former wife of the Black Panther. Her ability is the control of all forms of weather. This gives her body various benefits. Such as breathing underwater and also changing her vision to see electromagnetic energy. She is also descended from witches which link her to the power Doctor Strange wields. so she also possesses some magical traits. Don't know too much about that though sorry.

Black Panther is awesome. I wasnt a big fan of his until like maybe 5-6 years back. He has really developed as character. As a movie this would work brilliantly. Nothing better than showing the lengths a leader will go for his people. Interesting stuff

• Like 1

This just proves once again that Marvel should all be in one universe.  The X-men, Spider-man and all the current Avengers should all be in a movie together....oh yea, and Fantastic Four, that way Evans can play two characters.  :)