Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

I thought I'd do a comparison with TF2/TF3 and TDK/TDKRSince China is the uncertain thing here, I am omitting it from my calculations.....-TF2 did 368M, which with 2 years of inflation (@ ~5%), calculates to 405M @ 2011 prices.-TF3 did 596M, which without the 3D boost (~30% on 60% of the tickets) calculates to 505M.-TF3 had ~25% increase in admissions compared to TF2.-TDK did 468.6M, which with 4 years of inflation calculates to 570M @ 2012 prices.- A 25% increase in admissions will give TDKR 712M.And that's without China.Can anybody point one single reason why TDKR will see less increase from TDK in admissions than TF3 did from TF2?Now tell me, are the 700M+ predicts ridiculous or are the sub-700M predicts (including China)?

I thought I'd do a comparison with TF2/TF3 and TDK/TDKRSince China is the uncertain thing here, I am omitting it from my calculations.....-TF2 did 368M, which with 2 years of inflation (@ ~5%), calculates to 405M @ 2011 prices.-TF3 did 596M, which without the 3D boost (~30% on 60% of the tickets) calculates to 505M.-TF3 had ~25% increase in admissions compared to TF2.-TDK did 468.6M, which with 4 years of inflation calculates to 570M @ 2012 prices.- A 25% increase in admissions will give TDKR 712M.And that's without China.Can anybody point one single reason why TDKR will see less increase from TDK in admissions than TF3 did from TF2?Now tell me, are the 700M+ predicts ridiculous or are the sub-700M predicts (including China)?

3D adds more admissions in certain markets certain movies.

TF3 isn't a good comparison. OS audience love big effects sci-fi or fantasy. TF3 got the potential of a big admissions increase. Also, IMO 3D overally helped the admissions increase. Batman isn't a very popular figure OS, and SH movies never did massive business.SM3 is a much more comparable. But you have to also consider that TDK's boxoffice was a little inflated by Ledger's death, and Spiderman is also more appearing to OS audience.