Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

I hope Warner use "From the Director of Inception" slogan in most Asian (China) and European markets in order to promote the film, though, Batman is a well known character in most parts of the world

The Dark Knight Rises:The Dark Knight is the second-highest grossing comic book adaptation ever overseas with $469 million—still, compared to its domestic total of $533 million, that seems like an unremarkable number. In the four years since that movie was released, though, the international marketplace has expanded significantly, andThe Dark Knight seems to be highly regarded (two years later, Christopher Nolan's Inception earned $533 million overseas). The promise that this is the end of Nolan's Batman story should also help, and the movie has a very good chance of becoming one of the highest-grossing movies ever on an overseas basis.

Forecast: $850 million

I think this is too over the top of a prediction. 650M seems more fair

I think they are trying to compensate after going much too low on all the big films last year.

We are sometimes better than them. :lol:I want to believe 600 M is possible (I'm still on the fence). But 850 M isn't happening. No 2D film has done that since TITANIC (which was the only film ever to do so). NONE. 600 M isn't something to be sad about though. That's huge considering the last only managed to make 469 M with all the Heath Ledger awesomeness.