Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

From screen daily:

The Dark Knight Rises grossed an estimated $27.4m on Friday (27) from 57 markets now in release.

It opened in Mexico on $3.1m (Ps 42.1m) from 1,141 screens, Brazil on $2.1m (R4.3m) from 931 and added $1.9m (Euros 1.6m) from 892 for $7m (Euros 5.8m). The UK generated $2.8m (GBP 1.8m) from 598 sites for $39m (GBP 25.1m).

I was expecting 40M Friday ...dunno what happened.

Olympics Opening Ceremony definitely had an impact with an audience of at least 1 billion people.Saturday and Sunday will pick up OS.

40 more markets opened Friday ...

Only Brazil and Mexico were major markets opening on Friday.... rest are pretty small ones....Thursday numbers for France, Germany, Russia etc. was already included in that 18M number we got yesterday.

Just noted:

TDKR will win #1 OS weekend 8 times in a row:

July 20 done with 88M

July 27 done with 160M

August 3 projected with 110M

August 10 projected with 70m

August 17 projected with 60M

August 24 projected with 40M

August 31 projected with 90M with China and Itlay and others

September 7 projected with 60M

1.2B WW is a done deal.

firedeep, the July 27 160mil, adding up the previous week, the total is 248mil, with the number now at around 176mil, so where is another 72mil?

If I assume that 28 (SAT) and 29 (SUN) are included in 110mil you are predicting for Aug 3~

firedeep, the July 27 160mil, adding up the previous week, the total is 248mil, with the number now at around 176mil, so where is another 72mil?If I assume that 28 (SAT) and 29 (SUN) are included in 110mil you are predicting for Aug 3~

In some markets where TDKR opened this week, Thursday and Friday numbers will be included into the weekend report. But yeah, the 160M projection seems a little optimistic at this point.

In some markets where TDKR opened this week, Thursday and Friday numbers will be included into the weekend report. But yeah, the 160M projection seems a little optimistic at this point.

I see, so it means that the gross that WB reports on Thursday and Friday maybe missing some gross from opening markets. That's indeed an optimistic number. I have estimated $120mil.