Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Yeah it is going to free fall all the way to the 5s right?

Never said that, but with 80% of the vote left, there isn't enough to call it "solid" when it is going to drop. The question is how much.

80% of the vote still remains if it gets to the near half a million that BB got.

Well unless there's some crazy coordinated movement reversal on how TASM is awful, it's not going to shift significantly. 100,000 people voting is a pretty big sample size.Also I highly doubt TASM will come close to 400,000 votes because the Batman films are probably some of the most visited IMDB pages ever along with the top 10 of the 250. Spider-Man 2 for instance, has 210,000 votes. Edited by MrPink

JackO, what is it with the crusade to somehow prove ASM has had less than solid reception? It has had a very solid reception. Saying that it's "not solid" because it isn't as strong as BB's reception is ludicrous. That's an insult to not only ASM, but also to BB. If BB was completely mediocre like Batman Forever, I could understand your point. ASM is doing very well in the WOM department.

Like I said. He is exactly like iJack, just on the negative side of the spectrum. No difference other than that at all

JackO, what is it with the crusade to somehow prove ASM has had less than solid reception? It has had a very solid reception. Saying that it's "not solid" because it isn't as strong as BB's reception is ludicrous. That's an insult to not only ASM, but also to BB. If BB was completely mediocre like Batman Forever, I could understand your point. ASM is doing very well in the WOM department.

Because I don't know, how about the fact that it hasn't been solid? 18M less tickets then SM3Lowest grossing domestically and WW of brandAverage ratings from publicSony admitting to screwing around with the 3rd actI am still confused how the same people who were predicting 1B WW for this are acting like 750M is great.

Well unless there's some crazy coordinated movement reversal on how TASM is awful, it's not going to shift significantly. 100,000 people voting is a pretty big sample size.Also I highly doubt TASM will come close to 400,000 votes because the Batman films are probably some of the most visited IMDB pages ever along with the top 10 of the 250. Spider-Man 2 for instance, has 210,000 votes.

So we call it with half the votes in? :rofl: I don't think so.

In that regard, Sony has an advantage that TDKR doesn't, but I'm glad they didn't. Not because of the pissing contest, but because I love the Arkham City games to death. The last I heard, Sony made tons of money out of the TASM PS3, X-Box and PC game. Sony still made a good profit of that one. Nothing from toys though.

You heard wrong! TASM game is selling poor no it's sales are pathetic!200k for PS3 and 220k for Xbox 360 and 30k for Wii no PC release. To compare Akram Asilym- 2,66m XBOX and 3.41 PS3 Arkam City- Xbox 3.03 and 3.42 for PS3. And AC is still selling quite good according to VGC.
  • Like 1

7.6 is a C. A C is average. Don't know how many tests you take where 70% is good score.

I guess the vast majority of films must be poorly received then. Thor, Captain America and Tge first X men and original Spider man are all poorly received films then. Batman Begins is a B- film I guessSo much bullshit it's ridiculous Edited by John Marston

Well you can, yes. Have you ever followed a Presidential election?

Yeah, they went to a recount in Florida. They only call it when there is overwhelming evidence in one sides favor, which TASM does not have.

You heard wrong! TASM game is selling poor no it's sales are pathetic!200k for PS3 and 220k for Xbox 360 and 30k for Wii no PC release. To compare Akram Asilym- 2,66m XBOX and 3.41 PS3 Arkam City- Xbox 3.03 and 3.42 for PS3. And AC is still selling quite good according to VGC.

Arkham City is one of the most popular selling games of 2011, and had a significantly higher budget than what the TASM game probably got. A better comparison would be to other movie tie-in games.

I guess the vast majority of films must be poorly received then. Thor, Captain America and Tge first X men and original Spider man are all poorly received films thenSo much bullshit it's ridiculous

Do you know what average means?

Thank you red. I love both films, and I think that saying that The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman Begins are my favorite CBMs ever proves that yes, I am a comic book-based movies fan, but I love both my favorite characters equally. ANY of these movies could get the #1 place from me, but in the end of the day they are so close to each other for me that I don't care which is in which position. I love them to death, and I'll defend them as long as I'm alive. I actually don't think it's fair to compare a recent reboot with other that was done 7 years ago as far as rating votes go, we can't gauge how many people loved TASM and BB once they were released. BB is the BEST Batman live action film ever. TASM is the BEST Spider-Man film ever. That's all that truly matters to me.

Arkham City is one of the most popular selling games of 2011, and had a significantly higher budget than what the TASM game probably got. A better comparison would be to other movie tie-in games.

I own all the Arkham games. I'm still yet to buy TASM. And I don't think anyone in their right mind would expect TASM game to be better than Arkham. I'll love it if it's as good as PS2's Spider-Man 2, it's more than enough for me.

Yeah, they went to a recount in Florida. They only call it when there is overwhelming evidence in one sides favor, which TASM does not have.

1 out of 50 states for an election that happens every 4 years, oh no. I just don't see why the 2nd half of the votes to come in is going to be significantly different than the first half of voters.