Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

Nope. ASM2 is set up to make even more worldwide.

BS! It opened well below SM3 in many countries and its legs are mediocre - not a sign of good WOM.Not every sequel is locked to increase OS, just look at Wrath of Titans. Spiderman franchise will go that way.
  • Like 1

Not true. Spidey is still making a ton of cash overseas.

Do you celebrate a 4th place finish after a gold? Not really. So from being by far the most popular SH, Spidey is officially second tier domestic hero and lost his #1 status overseas. It really should have cleared 600m OS after SM3's amazing OS run and the help of 3D. But Sony went on to do TASM instead of SM4. I don't see why people compare TASM to BB or SR, it's not a valid comparison. No sane studio would do a reboot when the franchise is at peak. Sony just did that. Make no mistake WB is facing a tough task with Batman, the more they wait the better. If they are going to make another Batman film soon, they have to do Batman Beyond. If they go for a reboot soon, they'll find themselves in trouble.
  • Like 1

BS! It opened well below SM3 in many countries and its legs are mediocre - not a sign of good WOM.Not every sequel is locked to increase OS, just look at Wrath of Titans. Spiderman franchise will go that way.

nope, I'll say it again. There is no evidence showing that ASM is getting mediocre WOM. Zero. That is just completely wishful thinking. People want ASM to be a failure therefore it is to them

nope, I'll say it again. There is no evidence showing that ASM is getting mediocre WOM. Zero. That is just completely wishful thinking. People want ASM to be a failure therefore it is to them

I guess those domestic tickets sales being by far and away the worst in the franchise means nothing

I'm sorry but TASM OS is more of a failure than it is a success, it's performance just shows that SM isn't as popular as he was 10 years ago, and the sequel could very well decrease from this forgettable reboot.People had OS predictions in the high 700s and 800s and the fact is it won't make 500m.
  • Like 1

I'm sorry but TASM OS is more of a failure than it is a success, it's performance just shows that SM isn't as popular as he was 10 years ago, and the sequel could very well decrease from this forgettable reboot.People had OS predictions in the high 700s and 800s and the fact is it won't make 500m.

TASM has a good WOM, sorry for your loss.TASM has been unlucky (important soccer championship in Europe, reboot effect, competition from the very anticipated TDKR) but TASM2 won't have these problems in May 2014, it will pass the billion mark, it's very likely :) It would pass TDK, and would have a shot to pass TDKR.TASM is mostly a success because of emerging markets, and these markets will be bigger in 2014 :)

I don't know why you try to debate with RTX and JackO, they're trolling, maybe they're the same guy...Give up, don't risk your health.

TASM has average WOM.

TASM has excellent WOM when it comes to a reboot. Let's hope that Superman and Batman have the same luck that Spider-Man is having with their reboots. Look, it's okay Totem. You're a moderator now and you think that The Avengers is not that great and The Amazing Spider-Man is average, just like baumer does. With that said, baumer is capable of looking past his bias and give credit where credit is due. Why can't you be a good sport like he is?Your behavior towards TASM is not different than BKB against TDKR or JackO and The Dark Alfred about TASM and The Avengers. If you think that TASM has average WOM, what would you be saying if this was Batman Begins instead? And look how that turned out for you. :) Edited by Chris O Donnell

TASM has excellent WOM when it comes to a reboot. Let's hope that Superman and Batman have the same luck that Spider-Man is having with their reboots. Look, it's okay Totem. You're a moderator now and you think that The Avengers is not that great and The Amazing Spider-Man is average, just like baumer does. With that said, baumer is capable of looking past his bias and give credit where credit is due. Why can't you be a good sport like he is?Your behavior towards TASM is not different than BKB against TDKR or JackO and The Dark Alfred about TASM and The Avengers. If you think that TASM has average WOM, what would you be saying if this was Batman Begins instead? And look how that turned out for you. :)

You are wrong about my opinion on TA, I thought it was a good movie and gave it an A- I think. I don't have any personal bias whatsoever towards any superhero character, I'm not a comic fan at all and never read one, I really am not that invested in these characters just BO and the films. I predicted 230m domestic and 450m OS for TASM, I think I upped my TASM prediction a bit before release and copped alot of slack for these predictions and in the end I look to be much more correct than most people who gave me slack for my predictions, I'm just having a little fun with you guys! :DI never watched BB in cinemas and looking at it's BO figures I would have called it what it was, a weak reboot BO wise just like First Class was also a weak BO reboot.Do not fear ijack I will be cheering with you when IM3 and Thor 2 are released but I will definitely be anti-CA, TASM2

TASM has excellent WOM when it comes to a reboot. Let's hope that Superman and Batman have the same luck that Spider-Man is having with their reboots. Look, it's okay Totem. You're a moderator now and you think that The Avengers is not that great and The Amazing Spider-Man is average, just like baumer does. With that said, baumer is capable of looking past his bias and give credit where credit is due. Why can't you be a good sport like he is?Your behavior towards TASM is not different than BKB against TDKR or JackO and The Dark Alfred about TASM and The Avengers. If you think that TASM has average WOM, what would you be saying if this was Batman Begins instead? And look how that turned out for you. :)

Maybe its WOM isn't average, but its BO performance doesn't suggest that it's that strong either.

It's the same crap everyday in this thread. Leave Spider-man out of this thread. TDKR's OS performance has been tremendous yet people are talking about TASM.

If only it was that simple. :lol:We've seen weirder crossover discussion before.Do you think 700m is still possible?

If only it was that simple. :lol:We've seen weirder crossover discussion before.Do you think 700m is still possible?

It's going to need over 120M+ in China. I'm not sure that's realistic with TASM opening on the same day.
  • Like 1

You are wrong about my opinion on TA, I thought it was a good movie and gave it an A- I think. I don't have any personal bias whatsoever towards any superhero character, I'm not a comic fan at all and never read one, I really am not that invested in these characters just BO and the films.

I'm talking about what you've said on the BO Story of the Year thread, claiming that The Avengers run wasn't as much impressive than The Hunger Games. Seriously, look at the numbers of THG and The Avengers and tell me that again with a straight face. I haven't even watched THG. It wasn't even released in my town, it's a mild success overseas and The Avengers is a monster pretty much everywhere in the World. I'm betting that I'll have a kick out of watching that film, but there is no way in hell that THG's run is more impressive than TA.

But if we are about to talk impressive runs, I'd say that the three runs from the major superhero blockbusters are impressive, in this order:

1. The Avengers (3rd highest grossing movie of all time)

2. The Amazing Spider-Man (highest grossing reboot of all time)

3. The Dark Knight Rises (spectacular run at the box office for a finale)

I predicted 230m domestic and 450m OS for TASM, I think I upped my TASM prediction a bit before release and copped alot of slack for these predictions and in the end I look to be much more correct than most people who gave me slack for my predictions, I'm just having a little fun with you guys! :D

TDKR has been enjoying an under the expectatives run at the box office as well (you seemed very taken by the idea of TDKR hitting $700m OS, I'm telling you like I've been saying for some time, it's not happening), and I've said why this happened, The Avengers run was so impressive that skewed everyone's expectations towards these films.

With that said, you're telling me that TASM surpassed your expectations, and your expectations still would make for an impressive run for a reboot. How is a film becoming the highest grossing reboot of all time "disappointing" or "average" again? :lol:

I never watched BB in cinemas and looking at it's BO figures I would have called it what it was, a weak reboot BO wise just like First Class was also a weak BO reboot.

I did. I did and I remember people calling its BO figures as not that great, and people defend it, with far less arguments than The Amazing Spider-Man has. TASM to me is a superior film than BB, and that's my 3rd favorite superhero film of all time, so TASM climbing to become the highest grossing reboot of all time it's an achievement that this movie deserved.

Do not fear ijack I will be cheering with you when IM3 and Thor 2 are released but I will definitely be anti-CA, TASM2

I will never understand the concept of being anti-something, I either care or I don't. I'm not anti-Twilight, I just plain don't care. But whatever floats your boat, mate. :P

If only it was that simple. :lol:

We've seen weirder crossover discussion before.

Do you think 700m is still possible?

As I've been saying... no. It's still impressive though.

I thought that THG had a more impressive BO run than TA, don't let it bother you to much. Just like I think it is more impressive than TDKR.It isn't that impressive when a reboot gross drops 20% less WW than the last film in the original trilogy, it is about on par with Xmen FC which wasn't impressive either. My expectations were low and it will exceed them barely that doesn't take from the fact that it is still less impressive than it should be.I'm anti something when I either see a film and don't enjoy it and when that film gets a sequel, like COTT.

I thought that THG had a more impressive BO run than TA, don't let it bother you to much. Just like I think it is more impressive than TDKR.It isn't that impressive when a reboot gross drops 20% less WW than the last film in the original trilogy, it is about on par with Xmen FC which wasn't impressive either. My expectations were low and it will exceed them barely that doesn't take from the fact that it is still less impressive than it should be.I'm anti something when I either see a film and don't enjoy it and when that film gets a sequel, like COTT.

Oh, I'm well aware of your logic for THG, but that it's a film that performed like your average blockbuster everywhere but in North America. I'll certainly love the film, but I don't know a single person in real life that has ever even heard about the film. The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight Rises is another story.But your logic for THG is the same that I apply to place TASM above TDKR:

This thread is like an African pulling out his penis in front of an Asian and saying 'I'm bigger I win'Doesn't work that way.

The Amazing Spider-Man had a lot of things going against the film and the fact that it's about to become the highest grossing reboot of all time is what makes me think that after The Avengers, The Amazing Spider-Man is the most impressive box office run of the year so far. Right after them it's TDKR and THG, in that order.And I'm not bothered by your view of THG, but you got to agree that the same argument that you use for THG in relation to TA can be made for TASM in relation to TDKR. TASM is the David, TDKR is the Golliath, and TASM is still enjoying some impressive legs domestically when it comes to a reboot, and some insane amount of money overseas when it comes to a blockbuster, let alone a blockbuster that it's a reboot. Edited by Chris O Donnell