Totem

The Dark Knight Rises OS Discussion Thread/700M+ OS CLUB

how about Dead man's chest, does tdkr has a fair chance to pass it?

Sure. DMC only grossed 3 million more than TS3. As Juby says, TDKR can finish with around 1.08-1.09 billion. I think TDKR can gross another 20-30 million in China (it depends on the enormous competition), maybe about 10-12 more in Italy, 15 in USA and 20-25 in other OS countries. That give us a range of 65-82. So, the total would be between 1.07 and 1.087, enough to reach #7 in all time ranking.It would need better cases that I exposed to reach 1.1 billion: superb runs in China and Italy with great holds and surpass 450 in USA.A curious data: TDKR will finish #7 in all time both domestic and worldwide Edited by peludo

Sure. DMC only grossed 3 million more than TS3. As Juby says, TDKR can finish with around 1.08-1.09 billion. I think TDKR can gross another 20-30 million in China (it depends on the enormous competition), maybe about 10-12 more in Italy, 15 in USA and 20-25 in other OS countries. That give us a range of 65-82. So, the total would be between 1.07 and 1.087, enough to reach #7 in all time ranking.It would need better cases that I exposed to reach 1.1 billion: superb runs in China and Italy with great holds and surpass 450 in USA.A curious data: TDKR will finish #7 in all time both domestic and worldwide

thanksbtw,I just check this list and it seems like they haven't count in the boxoffice record from taiwanhttp://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=batman3.htm

Monday (9/3) Update: Warner Bros. is now estimating that The Dark Knight Rises has reached $577.7 million internationally. Add that to the estimated domestic total of $433.2 million, and the worldwide haul is sitting pretty at $1,010,900,000. 2008's The Dark Knight took in $1,001,921,825 worldwide.

In China, rough numbers indicate that The Dark Knight Rises has managed an outstanding seven-day opening gross of $31 million with 5.4 million admissions from 4,081 screens. Official numbers from China are due tomorrow. In Italy, TDKR made $9.1 million over five days.

• Like 1

(...)I think TDKR can gross another 20-30 million in China (it depends on the enormous competition), maybe about 10-12 more in Italy, 15 in USA and 20-25 in other OS countries. That give us a range of 65-82. So, the total would be between 1.07 and 1.087, enough to reach #7 in all time ranking.

It would need better cases that I exposed to reach 1.1 billion: superb runs in China and Italy with great holds and surpass 450 in USA.

A curious data: TDKR will finish #7 in all time both domestic and worldwide

In USA TDKR can gross another $20-23 mln and easily surpass $450 mln.

Final OS number will be between $630-640 mln.

In USA TDKR can gross another $20-23 mln and easily surpass $450 mln.

Final OS number will be between $630-640 mln.

I just wanted to be cautious because I have failed a lot predicting this movie, but you are right. After this weekend TDK did 29 million. Taking into account that TDKR has made a 71% of what TDK made, TDKR can make another 20, to 453 million. I still think it will not get 1.1 billion and it will fall very short because of the horrible Chinese schedule.