Films

A Monster Calls | Limited Release: December 23; Wide Release: January 16 (1,500 theaters) | Based on the Book

Honestly besides Ouija and Madea anything else could have been moved from that weekend. Actually, an entire month of spooky movies on Fridays would have been pretty cool, but whatever, gotta get that profit and ward off fatigue.

At least it's not contending with the will be juggernaut that is The Nut Job 2.

Edited by Morieris

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1554639/a-monster-calls-is-the-years-best-movie?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

A Monster Calls has been called (no pun intended) "A masterpiece", "Best movie of the year", and Bayona has been called "The next Spielberg" (last time it happened with Shyamalan).

....I think Shyamalan really was (and maybe still is) the next Spielberg, except for 3 awful films. But Spielberg did really bad films too, so... I write this very little so you won't start killing me lol

Edited by IndyRex