Plain Old Tele

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

THE MARTIAN is based on a recent science-fiction book by Andy Weir. It's along the lines of CAST AWAY, GRAVITY, and APOLLO 13... it's about the first manned mission to mars and an astronaut who gets stranded there and accidentally left for dead.It's a really entertaining book and I think it could be a great movie. I didn't even realize it was in development until I came across this update by SlashFilm, which points out that Drew Goddard (who was originally attached) is leaving the project to do SINISTER SIX.http://www.slashfilm.com/matt-damon-martian-drew-goddard/

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

http://youtu.be/ej3ioOneTy8

CLUBS

The Martian Over Black Hawk Down

The Matian Over Gravity OW

Martian Over Gravity WW

• Like 6

Very exciting. Loved the book, and Damon is a perfect choice for the lead- right combination of goofy everyman and leading man gravitas. Only Pratt would be better. Will attract inevitable Gravity comparison, but the book is very, very funny, so hopefully that shines through.

• Like 2

THE MARTIAN is based on a recent science-fiction book by Andy Weir. It's along the lines of CAST AWAY, GRAVITY, and APOLLO 13... it's about the first manned mission to mars and an astronaut who gets stranded there and accidentally left for dead.

It's a really entertaining book and I think it could be a great movie. I didn't even realize it was in development until I came across this update by SlashFilm, which points out that Drew Goddard (who was originally attached) is leaving the project to do SINISTER SIX.

http://www.slashfilm.com/matt-damon-martian-drew-goddard/

Posted Image

• Like 3

Whats really funny in the book? Seems to me getting left behind on a Martian colony all by yourself would fucking suck.

A lot of the book is written as the guy's diary, and he's a good-humored dude, so he's always bitching about stuff.For example (off the top of my head), the first line of the book is "I am so fucked." Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

A lot of the book is written as the guy's diary, and he's a good-humored dude, so he's always bitching about stuff.For example (off the top of my head), the first line of the book is "I am so fucked."

That makes me really want to read the book now! :lol:
  • Like 1