Dementeleus

THE MARTIAN | Oct 2, 2015 | Will compete as a comedy at the Golden Globes

Eh. Spielberg seems losing his touch, and I'm not yet sold on The Walk, even though I like and trust Zemeckis.

This might be a potentially controversial take, but I think Lincoln is one of Spielberg's best films.

• Like 1

I like Lincoln but it's way too damn long

If by way too long you mean about 5-6 minutes too long. And I mean that literally, the film should have stopped when he left for the theater instead of meandering on for a little bit longer.

Edited by Numbers of Westeros
  • Like 7

If by way too long you mean about 5-6 minutes too long. And I mean that literally, the film should have stopped when he left for the theater instead of meandering on for a little bit longer.

The beginning lacked a bit of focus too I felt. Not that it was necessarily too long but it doesn't really gain its footing until about 30 minutes in. Make some adjustments there and snip the ending, and it'd be really really good.

• Like 1

I started but never finished watching Lincoln, It was so damn difficult for me to understand what was going on that I had turn it off, first time something like that happened.

I have to read Lincoln wiki page before trying rewatching it

Edited by Goffe

This might be a potentially controversial take, but I think Lincoln is one of Spielberg's best films.

Along with Munich it's the best thing he's done in the past 10 years. Tony Kushner should be writing all of his dramatic films. 

• Like 1