John Marston

Edge of Tomorrow OS Thread

Popular but it's mostly broadcast in the night and early morning this time.

Oh yeah in Korea too come to think of it. Shouldn't affect Box office of East Asian countries that much. 

Bad start in Hong Kong. Its 3rd behind DOFP and Maleficent. I thought it will beat Maleficent at least in asia. 

Its release date is just horrible. They should have released this in July or even October. This needs empty marketplace to thrive.

HK is not exactly a very significant market. The following are Hong Kong grosses for the most recent biggest-films-of-all-time from the US:

HP8 - 9m

TA - 12m

Oblivion is the best comparison. I am sure china will see good increase from Oblivion despite its release date being screwed up( week before Godzilla) and another 10 days later TF4 will release . Korea would be interesting but I am not sure about it being huge.

HK is not exactly a very significant market. The following are Hong Kong grosses for the most recent biggest-films-of-all-time from the US:

HP8 - 9m

TA - 12m

its a sign for rest of asia. I am not talking about raw number.

Oblivion is the best comparison. I am sure china will see good increase from Oblivion despite its release date being screwed up( week before Godzilla) and another 10 days later TF4 will release . Korea would be interesting but I am not sure about it being huge.

its a sign for rest of asia. I am not talking about raw number.

But those films made a gigantic amount of money in Asia. 

HP8 made $124m in Japan alone! Avatar made $182m in China while TA made over $100m from China & Japan. 

The reviews are surprisingly good. So I think it will have good legs because it won't face any significant new competition till TF4. I am bumping my prediction to 250m now. I won't be surprised if it does even better and beats Maleficent.

Edited by Fake

The reviews are surprisingly good. So I think it will have good legs because it won't face any significant new competition till TF4.I am bumping my prediction to 250m now. I won't be surprised if it does even better and beats Maleficent.

LOL, reviews, especially american reviews don't count as much overseas as the general audience liking and feedback...ask TASM2 versus CA2.

Maleficent has the edge overseas because firstly, for the type of product as Jolie and Cruise are both assets.  It's a fairytale, so, lots of families, women during the day and evening going to see that no matter what.  

The Edge of Tommorow will be fine though...but i am concerned about it being released overseas  close the World Cup, so lots of its otential target, young males will miss it between exams and soccer while the main target of Maleficent won't be hurt that much during that time period as females and young  children will still watch it.

Edited by Ent