John Marston

Edge of Tomorrow OS Thread

Worse than OBLIVION OS...that can't be that good.

Is the movie any good?

The movie kicks serious ass, I hope WOM helps it recover in the following weeks. We need more Tom Cruise action vehicles!!

• Like 1

Many people would disagree, but he is hands-down the best action actor working today and possibly ever. 

Whatever anyone may think of him, he always commits to his roles and picks the scripts that he likes. He always likes to challenge himself and that's extremely rare today and I think someone like that is necessary in this sea of sequels and reboots.

I've liked every movie of his that I've seen except War of the Worlds (he was good in it though) and I'd hate to see the budgets of his movies being cut because some suit decides that he's not bankable anymore and it could happen since his last few original movies made some money, but not blockbuster money. At least there's MI5 so, thankfully, that's not happening any time soon :)

• Like 2

I dont know about him being best in action. These days any actor looks great in action with CGI. JLaw's scenes in DOFP looked great. Anyway him being 52(though looking in his 40s) will limit his roles. Plus his movies seem to gross within certain range which makes big budget movies super risky.

But I am really looking forward to seeing it this week.