Dementeleus

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

I think Pan, Pixels and Paper Towns will each earn 30M+ that weekend, with Pixels being a potential breakout (if advertised right, it will get Sandler's audience plus 80s nostalgia fans).

Pan is gonna do 25-29M OW. Pixels will do 20-25M. Paper Towns should do 30M if marketing is good.

Pan is gonna do 25-29M OW. Pixels will do 20-25M. Paper Towns should do 30M if marketing is good.

20-25M?! It looks like direct-to-DVD shit. How the hell did they spend over $100M on something that looks that bad. The trailer looks like utter garbage.

Going to be a total bomb, 5-10M OW.

Edited by treeroy

We will know about Pixels real soon by the looks of it. Apparently the trailer is attached to Insurgent. I think the 80s nostalgia marketing and Sandler fans will give it a bump above the other movies.

20-25M?! It looks like direct-to-DVD shit. How the hell did they spend over $100M on something that looks that bad

Going to be a total bomb, 10M OW or less imo.

I haven't seen anything from Pixels. How do you know it looks like direct-to-DVD shit?

We will know about Pixels real soon by the looks of it. Apparently the trailer is attached to Insurgent. I think the 80s nostalgia marketing and Sandler fans will give it a bump above the other movies.

It is time, IMO. Sony has a very poor year ahead. They need to start pushing Pixels.

oh you are? loooooool.

not the trailer for the movie.

This isn't the movie trailer, it is the proof of concept trailer that got the movie made. Sony saw that trailer, liked the concept and decided to buy the rights.

Ah okay.

I actually thought the film was an independent movie until about 5 mins ago when I googled it and realised it was a big studio film with a big budget. That explains why I thought it looked like a fan made film :P

I just read the synopsis. WTF is this bullshit?

The bold new story introduces a streetwise young Arthur who runs the back alleys of Londonium with his gang, unaware of the life he was born for until he grasps hold of the sword Excalibur—and with it, his future. Instantly challenged by the power of Excalibur, Arthur is forced to make some hard choices. Throwing in with the Resistance and a mysterious young woman named Guinevere, he must learn to master the sword, face down his demons and unite the people to defeat the tyrant Vortigern, who stole his crown and murdered his parents, and become King.

http://www.slashfilm.com/guy-ritchie-knights-of-the-round-table-image/

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 4