Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

I think King Arthur has an enormous, albeit latent, potential fanbase. Though I didn't like what Ritchie did with SHERLOCK HOLMES, that character was in a similar state prior to the WB re-imagining.

I skipped the second Sherlock movie because of what he did to the character in the first one. There was no need to bastardize a character that was so well-developed by Arthur Conan Doyle over the course of dozens of stories and a handful of novels. 

• Like 1

They will do one. It will fail. And then finally we may have our Sherlock Holmes 3.

No! Never!

I skipped the second Sherlock movie because of what he did to the character in the first one. There was no need to bastardize a character that was so well-developed by Arthur Conan Doyle over the course of dozens of stories and a handful of novels. 

I'm with ya. Wasn't a fan at all.

3 I would understand. But 6?

They are barely making it to 6 middle-earth films over a decade.

franchises with 6 or more films are (i will exclude Bond cause it's 1 disconnected film each time and have had different actors playing the lead):

1. Potter

2. Star Wars - only 3 at a time were planned and the last 3 came after a big gap.

3. Fast and Furious -  the main cast went in and out. Can't happen with Arthur. Also a Tokyo Drift like gross would be the end.

Potter is the only franchise ever successfully planned with 6 or more continuous films at a stretch around the same main cast.

WB are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Time's gone for Sherlock 3.

I did rather have Guy Ritchie reboot the Green Lantern.

Edited by a2knet

It's a good idea if done right IMO. The Arthur legends contains some epic stuff and universal themes. Would be great to see that in a blockbuster but 6 seems a little too much. 3 is good indeed.  WB wants to much to do another harry Potter but we can't follow Arthur on every moment of his life, even if there will have enough material for 6 movies (I doubt it).

I'm not fan of Guy Ritchie on that too.

• Like 1

3 I would understand. But 6?

They are barely making it to 6 middle-earth films over a decade.

franchises with 6 or more films are (i will exclude Bond cause it's 1 disconnected film each time and have had different actors playing the lead):

1. Potter

2. Star Wars - only 3 at a time were planned and the last 3 came after a big gap.

3. Fast and Furious -  the main cast went in and out. Can't happen with Arthur. Also a Tokyo Drift like gross would be the end.

Potter is the only franchise ever successfully planned with 6 or more continuous films at a stretch around the same main cast.

WB are trying to bite more than they can chew.

Time's gone for Sherlock 3.

I did rather have Guy Ritchie reboot the Green Lantern.

Why can't it?

I would imagine in the story, he isn't everywhere. Like in Fast 2 Diesel wasn't there, but his character still moved with the story.

Yeah. If that happens they can't have his name in the title - like potter or sherlock had.

Will have to go the generic way like Fast and Furious, LOTR, etc.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/king-arthur-guy-ritchie-warner-bros-july-2016

Warner Bros and Village Roadshow Pictures have slotted the Guy Ritchie-helmed King Arthur for July 22, 2016. As we reported back in January, Ritchie was circling the project, a tentpole fantasy retelling of the Arthur legend. This new version was created by Joby Harold, who wrote the script for the first film. Producing is Akiva Goldsman through Weed Road, Harold and Tory Tunnell through Safehouse Pictures, and Ritchie’s partner Lionel Wigram. So far the pic has the July 22, 2016 date to itself.