Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

I don't get what they heck they're going for with this movie. I do want to support anything sword and sorcery, though. It's just so weird. The sword-fighting CGI is pretty unique for a movie though; looks like a live-action Smash Brothers with Marth, Link, and Metaknight.

• Like 2

I can't explain why but lately i've been catching myself wanting to see this and hoping it will break out.Maybe because Ritchie only let me down before once or twice (Man from UNCLE was probably the mot fun i had in the theater in 2015)Also,Berges-Frisbey is one of the most beautiful human beings i have ever seen.

9 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I can't explain why but lately i've been catching myself wanting to see this and hoping it will break out.Maybe because Ritchie only let me down before once or twice (Man from UNCLE was probably the mot fun i had in the theater in 2015)Also,Berges-Frisbey is one of the most beautiful human beings i have ever seen.

I don't know why, but the first trailer really turned me on. Hope it succeedes.

Edited by Stormagden
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Hunnam and Law opening a movie when big star vehicle GitS failed miserably would be really something. I'm all for boxoffice return of actors who had trouble with it. First McAvoy in Split and now maybe these 2?

Whatever this movie opens to will have little to do with whoever is attached to it, it will be purely based on the King Arthur's name(plus marketing ofc), just like MCU movies or Jurassic Park movies, for example.

So no, no different from a Black Widow or dino Pratt.

Edited by Arlborn

Didn't one of the producers for this recently state that this was once supposed to set up a Cinematic Universe and that those plans have since been abandoned? If that isn't a sign of "we give up and are aware we have a flop on our hands"...

Edited by filmlover

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Didn't one of the producers for this recently state that this was once supposed to set up a Cinematic Universe and that those plans have since been abandoned? If that isn't a sign of "we give up and are aware we have a flop on our hands"...

first two posts in this thread:

On 1/27/2014 at 6:08 PM, Tele Came Back said:

http://www.slashfilm.com/guy-ritchie-circling-six-film-king-arthur-franchise-for-warner-bros/

Six film King Arthur series? YES PLEASE.

Guy Ritchie? FUCK NO.

:rant:

Predicts?

On 1/27/2014 at 6:13 PM, CoolioD1 said:

Only the first one will actually end up getting made, if even that.

• Like 1