Plain Old Tele

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword | Guy Ritchie | May 12, 2017 | Charlie Hunnam

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

I'm sure it'll be at the dollar theater in about a week's time...I'll be there with a barf bag because his editing gives me motion sickness. 

Take a BIG one.

Or better, don't eat before your screening.

Edited by The Futurist

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

I'm sure it'll be at the dollar theater in about a week's time...I'll be there with a barf bag because his editing gives me motion sickness. 

Is that a thing? ONE dollar theater? Are Americans that cheap?

And how does cinemas make their buck this way? Aaa - I get it! 10$ giant popcorn, lol.

3 hours ago, Goffe said:

Any Sherlock Holmes fans here who hated this movie? Trying to decide if I should see it or not.

Holmes is 11/10.

This is 7.5/10. And the music is great.

Didn't hate it, liked it, a bit - but Holmes is lightning in a bottle, so no way this holds up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, shayhiri said:

The Shay thinks... you should all mind your own goddamn business.

Seeing it THIRD time on Monday, also bringing my girlfriend. Movie is pretty well attended and received in my country - but it is a country of culture, which respects historical fantasy - UNLIKE THE REDNECKS!!

God, I wish this site had a ignore function.

Edited by dudalb

Finally watched it. This was so much fun! First act is pure fun, you can really see who directed it.  It did feel like some parts of it could be a bit longer but it was still fun. Second act dragged in parts a bit but it moved along well enough and the final act was great! Honestly, just great! Awesome CGI fun that really felt earned to me. They had some interesting use of 3D in it as well.

Shame that it's bombing, it's well worth the ticket price, I got exactly what I was expecting out of it.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Finally watched it. This was so much fun! First act is pure fun, you can really see who directed it.  It did feel like some parts of it could be a bit longer but it was still fun. Second act dragged in parts a bit but it moved along well enough and the final act was great! Honestly, just great! Awesome CGI fun that really felt earned to me. They had some interesting use of 3D in it as well.

Shame that it's bombing, it's well worth the ticket price, I got exactly what I was expecting out of it.

Would have been a really display if you didn't like it. Glad you did.

I'd love a sequel to it, but sadly thats not going to happen.

But, its bound to be a cult hit now.

• Like 2

Eh, screw the critics. I enjoyed this a lot. I've always enjoyed Ritchie's style. I enjoyed SHERLOCK HOLMES. I enjoyed THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. This one is no different. Hunnam was good. Law was great. That final fight was awesome. Too bad it's not doing great in the box office because I really want to see a sequel.

• Like 3

On 19/05/2017 at 7:59 PM, Goffe said:

Any Sherlock Holmes fans here who hated this movie? Trying to decide if I should see it or not.

If you like Sherlock I doubt you wont like this movie. I actually find it better than the Sherlocks. 

It's a shame this movie flopped, it really deserves a sequel. I will definitely watch it second time.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, UNDERDOG said:

Would have been a really display if you didn't like it. Glad you did.

I'd love a sequel to it, but sadly thats not going to happen.

But, its bound to be a cult hit now.

I agree. The critics are completely wrong on this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iluvjuanki said:

If you like Sherlock I doubt you wont like this movie. I actually find it better than the Sherlocks. 

It's a shame this movie flopped, it really deserves a sequel. I will definitely watch it second time.

Better than the second one at least, that's for sure.

But yeah, if you like those movies you'll like this I think.

• Like 1

I finally got the chance to see it, and as expected it was great awesome dumb fun. Most people who have actually watched it, enjoy the movie...

What happened? It is not the first flop with King Arthur, perhaps the character just doesn't interest modern audiences (much like Robin Hood). Or perhaps this adaptation should have been even more fantasy ala LOTR, and it would have done better in China?

Anyway, it is a shame this won't get a sequel, and its failure at the BO hurts the fantasy genre; but it is still a good movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

I finally got the chance to see it, and as expected it was great awesome dumb fun. Most people who have actually watched it, enjoy the movie...

What happened? It is not the first flop with King Arthur, perhaps the character just doesn't interest modern audiences (much like Robin Hood). Or perhaps this adaptation should have been even more fantasy ala LOTR, and it would have done better in China?

Anyway, it is a shame this won't get a sequel, and its failure at the BO hurts the fantasy genre; but it is still a good movie.

I'm very scared for that Robin Hood movie that's coming. I'm predicting similar numbers for that one, sadly, specially considering that one with many more stars and big marketing came out just 7 years ago and still sorta bombed anyway.

• Like 1

fantasy movies always bomb. I don't know why studios are even making them at all any more. Very sad as I love the genre. I'm glad there are still some being made but I don't see any financial sense in it. The idea of 7 King Arthur movies was a joke to begin with. its just not financially viable.

aside from LOTR series, the biggest hit recently has been Warcraft, which may or may not have broken even, and even that has had no progress on a sequel.

1 hour ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

fantasy movies always bomb. I don't know why studios are even making them at all any more. Very sad as I love the genre. I'm glad there are still some being made but I don't see any financial sense in it. The idea of 7 King Arthur movies was a joke to begin with. its just not financially viable.

aside from LOTR series, the biggest hit recently has been Warcraft, which may or may not have broken even, and even that has had no progress on a sequel.

I love those movies and I agree with you that's a shame. I hope some fantasy movie breaks the bad spell sooner rather than later.

• Like 1